The Cafe

Featured Posts
perfectmom20
STUCK UP???
April 1, 2008 at 6:27 PM
i have a question what exactly is a person who is stuck up? like how do they act or what do they do??im bored and curious l0l!!! ive been called stuck up and i dnt know why l0l

Replies

• ae831
    by ae831
    April 1, 2008 at 6:38 PM
    To me someone who is stuck up is someone who thinks that they are better than you are. I have been called stuck up all through high school by girls who were just jealous. I had lots of friends(from middle school), guys wanted to date me and were always fighting for my attention. But the thing was, I was shy to meet new people....not because I didn't want to talk to them or acknowledge them. I talked to the same people I knew in middle school and I am a really shy person, so it is sometimes hard for me to come up to them or start talking to them...so they assumed I was stuck up.
  • perfectmom20
    April 1, 2008 at 6:39 PM

bump

• anziomom
    April 1, 2008 at 6:49 PM
    I always thought of stuck up as thinking they were better and having no concern for those "less" important.
  • ValorieLynn
    April 1, 2008 at 6:57 PM
    People always thought my lil sis was stuck up because they thought she always ignored them because she was "too good" to talk to them.  She's legally deaf!  Pretty sad how people jump to conclusions about people without even knowing them....
  • Elyce225
    April 1, 2008 at 7:21 PM
    This happened to me! I'm not deaf but when I was about 11-ish a new family moved in on my block and had an 11 yr old girl. Well she ignored me whenever I would say hi or try to talk to her etc...finally I got mad and told her parents blah blah well it turned out she was deaf, after finding that out I finally offically met her and learned sign language. To this day we're best friends.
    Quoting ValorieLynn:

People always thought my lil sis was stuck up because they thought she always ignored them because she was "too good" to talk to them.  She's legally deaf!  Pretty sad how people jump to conclusions about people without even knowing them....
  • ValorieLynn
    April 1, 2008 at 8:20 PM
    That's funny because my sis met Richard Petty not too long ago and his grandson is a very good friend of mine.  When she met him, she said, "Richard is kind of a jerk.  He just ignores everyone!" 
    I said, "Vanessa!  He's deaf!"
    Hahaha
    The Petty's are the kindest, nicest family and Richard is SO kind.  She saw a little bit of how people have percieved her over the years.  Guilty! :)
  • perfectmom20
    April 1, 2008 at 9:49 PM
    bump
  • sunnyday777
    April 2, 2008 at 5:15 PM
    I've been called that as well.  I was always tall and very skinny as a child, people used to tease me and call me names, so I was very shy and self conscious  .  I grew up shy although I'm not as skinny anymore. Child bearing put a little meat on my bones, THANK GOD!  Because I'm shy, I try very hard not to look at people or get into anyone's space, so they think that I'm stuck. For me, that couldn't be farther from the truth. 
  • rmmitchel
    April 3, 2008 at 11:57 AM
    I always believed it meant that the person thinks they are better then anyone else, couldn't give someone the time of day and they think their shit don't stink.
    Sorry but you asked.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts