The Cafe

Featured Posts
CarolynSarah
This is one of the many reasons i am NOT for OBAMA
April 1, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Just when you thought reports of Barack Obama and his controversial minister Rev. Jeremiah Wright were over, a new individual appears.

Now news of Obama's relationship with homophobe Rev. James T. Meeks has been revealed, and it's very upsetting.

Rev. Meeks is an Illinois state senator and serves as the pastor of the 22,000 member Salem Baptist Church in Chicago, where Obama frequently campaigned back in 2003 when running for Senate.

Rev. Meeks has been described as someone in which Obama seeks spiritual counsel from, according to an article printer in the Chicago Sun Times. He will even serve as an Obama delegate at the 2008 Democratic convention in Denver.

Rev. Meeks has served on Obama’s exploratory committee for the presidency and was even listed on Obama's campaign website as one his ‘influential black supporters’. The Chicago Sun Times also reported that both Rev. Meeks and Obama share a history of receiving substantial campaign contributions from the indicted real estate "criminal" Tony Rezko.

Aside from numerous other reports linking the two together, the real issue is the character of Rev. Meeks, who is known for his racially charged remarks and homophobic ways.

In a 2006 sermon, Rev. Meeks stated, "We don't have slave masters. We got mayors. But they still the same white people who are presiding over systems where black people are not able, or to be educated. You got some preachers that are house niggers. You got some elected officials that are house niggers. And rather than them trying to break this up, they gonna fight you to protect this white man." He later defended that sermon during an interview with a Chicago CBS 2 reporter.

Not to mention Rev. Meeks homophobic ways are well noted. A 2007 newsletter from the Southern Poverty Law Center named Rev. Meeks one of the "10 leading black religious voices in the anti-gay movement."

The newsletter cites him as a key member of Chicago's ‘Gatekeepers’ network (an interracial group of evangelical ministers who strive to erase the division between church and state) and “a stalwart anti-gay activist… [who]… has used his House of Hope mega-church to launch petition drives for the Illinois Family Institute (IFI), a major state-level ‘family values’ pressure group that lauded him last year for leading African Americans in ‘clearly understanding the threat of gay marriage.'”

You can tell a lot about a person by the company they keep!

Sad. Sad. Sad.

Replies

• tenpin_ter
    April 1, 2008 at 3:55 PM
    all i have to say is ohhhhhhhhh god here we go again.  i understand where you are coming from and that is your opion............just get ready for the maylay to come with this................
  • CarolynSarah
    April 1, 2008 at 3:56 PM
    whatever. if it gets too hars with some moms then ill delete it.
    Quoting tenpin_ter:

all i have to say is ohhhhhhhhh god here we go again. i understand where you are coming from and that is your opion............just get ready for the maylay to come with this................

• CejoeleeMommy
    April 1, 2008 at 4:03 PM
    Personally Im not for Obama iether but  i couldn't imagine myself sitting here digging up dirt causing drama over media BS. Just like ppl are innocent until proven guilty, if you haven't heard it from the horses mouth......
  • prettypaws
    April 1, 2008 at 4:23 PM
     Chances are this is NOT even true..... do some research.
  • CejoeleeMommy
    April 1, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Quoting prettypaws:

Im feeling your siggy girl......real nice.
  • prettypaws
    April 1, 2008 at 4:27 PM
     THank you! I wish I could take credit for it but I stole it from someone else! LOL
    Quoting CejoeleeMommy:

Quoting prettypaws:

Im feeling your siggy girl......real nice.
  • CarolynSarah
    April 1, 2008 at 4:35 PM
    i didnt dig it up i ran across it. thought it was intresting and posted it.
    Quoting CejoeleeMommy:

Personally Im not for Obama iether but i couldn't imagine myself sitting here digging up dirt causing drama over media BS. Just like ppl are innocent until proven guilty, if you haven't heard it from the horses mouth......

• prettypaws
    April 1, 2008 at 4:41 PM
     You know what really drives me crazy about stiff like this?
     Who cares who he is friends with or whatever? I myself have no problems with homosexuals, neither dose my DH... His father on the other hand is EXTREAMLY homophobic?

Dose that mean we are ? No. It is one person's opinion. I hang out all the time with people that I disagree with on several subjects. That dose not make them or myself bad people.
  • jaycee1124
    April 1, 2008 at 4:42 PM
    Thanks so much for posting this. I totally forgot that we shouldn't associate with anyone who does not share our beliefs!
  • MrsKarynBey
    April 1, 2008 at 4:45 PM
    wow the way things have been going on and on about Wright etc, i thought i was the only one who felt that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but does anyone care that McCain's "spiritual advisor" wants to start World War 3 in order to "bring about" prophecies?  or calls catholics a cult and says they are evil?  now that is scary.  (and that's not even to start on his homophobia!)  GEEZ!!!

Quoting prettypaws:

You know what really drives me crazy about stiff like this?
     Who cares who he is friends with or whatever? I myself have no problems with homosexuals, neither dose my DH... His father on the other hand is EXTREAMLY homophobic?

Dose that mean we are ? No. It is one person's opinion. I hang out all the time with people that I disagree with on several subjects. That dose not make them or myself bad people.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts