The Cafe

SoozinBD
times have changed
February 5, 2008 at 2:21 PM
I am 32 years old and clearly remember my childhood, and it was not like this. When I was a child I met maybe a handful of children that were highly allergic, or autistic for that matter. Maybe the autism was miss diagnosed back then but I don't think so. My sister is a 1st grade teacher and has been for six years, every year there is at least one or more children (out of 17 kids) that needs and Epi-pen, half of the schools are peanut butter free now and at least 1 out of every 7 moms I meet has and autistic child somewhere on the spectrum. WHAT is going on!!!!!!
The only conclusion I can come up with is that it must be environmental it has to be in our food, water air or something!!! I don't really think that finding out the cause is of high priority because it is sure to expose various businesses and the corporate world would not be able do deal with the aftermath of lawsuits and recalls. I am constantly wondering if what I am giving Anthony is going to hurt him in some unknown way. I worry about the vaccines he got, the milk he drinks, the water. I have tried to do what I can with in reason, I only used organic natural deodorant when I breast fed (didn't work well, but once he was weaned I went back to Secret), I try to use mostly organic food, I only allowed the vaccines that were required by law and even then I had the doctor give them to him later than the usual time schedule, I don't give flu shots, stopped using the clear hard plastic bottles, the list goes on and on...   I know I cant be the only one with these thoughts, do any of you feel this way?
Please understand that I am NOT blaming or judging anyone for what they do with their children this is just my opinion, its really scary these days, and my heart goes out to any families that have to deal with any problems such as these.

Replies

• larissacst
    February 5, 2008 at 2:25 PM
    the autism boom is from the old vacs that were used (they now have thirmesol free ones) . it's just now being recognized because the kids are older. what  i've noticed a lot of is how developed these 12 and 13 yr old girls are!
  • mitch576
    February 5, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Quoting larissacst:

the autism boom is from the old vacs that were used (they now have thirmesol free ones) . it's just now being recognized because the kids are older. what  i've noticed a lot of is how developed these 12 and 13 yr old girls are!
    there is no evidence to support this statement.

the reason we see higher rates of autism is because the criteria has changed. 30 yrs ago people who were just quirky and " off" were considered just that. my mother is 57 and 40-45 yrs ago she was considered gifted and excentric. now we know she has asperger's syndrome. which also helps put together the puzzle of why all three of my kids present with signs of autism. one is diagnosed with asperger's..... one is currently being tested and the third is about to recieve early intervention services.
  • SoozinBD
    February 5, 2008 at 3:19 PM
    Although there is no evidence to the old vaccines, that does not surprise me could you imagine the catastrophic effect the pharmaceutical companies would have if they admitted guilt. The law suits would bankrupt them. As for the new improved vaccine, how do we know what the effect of this will be, we may not see them for many years to come. And as for kids developing early I am sure growth hormones in food has something to do with it. I wished I could believe that it is our new generation that matters to big business, but it is the mighty dollar that rules, just look at the crap they make in China so that their profit can go up wile their costs go down. Its a crazy world out there I'm not trying to be a pessimist just wanted to start a discussion :)

The Cafe