The Cafe

Featured Posts
Izzys_Mom06
PLEASE HELP- Sexual Abuse???
January 18, 2008 at 7:56 PM
I just started my daughter at daycare this week. She is 19 months old. Tonight my husband was giving her a bath and when he was drying her off, he gently parted her privates to make sure it was dry and clean, like we always do. But she squirmed in discomfort and said "hurt". I don't  want to jump to conclusions, but you can't help it. Her actual vaginal opening seems more open as well. And I may be making myself see things, but there appears to be a small crack or mark at the bottom of her vagina. She loves her daycare and I don't want to accuase the lady because she seems wonderful. Is there a medical explanation for her pain? What should I do next?

Replies

• SerenaRose3
    January 18, 2008 at 8:01 PM
    its really hard to say,  my daughter says owie  when i wipe her somtimes, and there is no way she is abused , she is only with me. What do u use for soaps and wipes?, those can have chemicals that   are irritating,  i changed the products i use on her. You can have her checked out, if your concerned , i would if it really bothered me.
  • Da1nOnlyDestiny
    January 18, 2008 at 8:02 PM
    if you feel she may have something wrong going on just take her to her doctor. they will let you know if she has been touched in an inappropriate way. You can explain your concern and ask them to check her.
  • Dawn100173
    January 18, 2008 at 8:03 PM
    Talk to her pediatrician.  She may have a UTI, or yeast infection starting, or she may have been touching herself.  I wouldn't jump to any conclusions just yet, but talk to her doctor for advice.
  • Izzys_Mom06
    January 18, 2008 at 8:03 PM
    We use the same stuff as we always have. I thought of that too. She's never done anything like this. She is acting ok otherwise though. I think I will take her to the DR. anyway. I wouldn't want to ignore it and find out too late. Thanks everyone.
  • kattincolorado
    January 18, 2008 at 8:28 PM
    please take her to get checked!! the daycare lady may seem nice, but a fox lives in sheeps clothing.
    sadly, i do know what i am talking about here...my kids were molested. and it was by the nicest person.
    i am praying that its just an infection, or something else.
  • jdmgirl
    by jdmgirl
    January 18, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    Hi!
    Are you sure your daughter does not have a yeast infection. Sometimes bubbles can do that in a bath. But you know the difference when looking at her. You have to go with your gut feeling. You may have to ask your daughter why does it hurt down there. She may just tell you. If at all you suspect call Child Protective Services, and your local police dept. You may want to go to your daughter's ped and ask her to give your daughter and exam. Your daughter's doctor will know right away. I hope all will be ok. I will be praying for you and your family.
    Mitzi
  • teaandcookies
    November 28, 2013 at 10:33 PM

When my daughter was 18 months old she had a yeast infection, and was so itchy she scratched herself so it was bleeding, and ended up having the scratches get infected.  I had all my dcks here so it was my husband who took her to her appointment.  Lets just say he was scared shitless that they would assume something else happened.  The doctor(| a lady) took one look, closed her diaper and said.  M!!!!!, you can not touch down there like that, you hurt youself, and now you need medicine to fix your nunu( what we call her lady parts).  Some times little girls scratch.  Take her to the doctor, saying you think she may have a yeast infection.  They will check and let you know if something else is going on.  It's hard but don't jump.  Let us know what heppens

• BL2010
    by BL2010
    November 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM

What you should do is call her pediatrician and have her seen immediately and let him/her know your concerns

• betterthenmymom
    November 29, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Take her to her pediatrician and have an examination done asap and if you believe something inappropriate happen at daycare DO NOT SEND HER!
  • AllyB_
    by AllyB_
    November 29, 2013 at 10:29 PM

take her to the ER and have them do an examination

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts