The Cafe

Featured Posts
RebelRose69
Not sure if this is this is the right place to post!
January 17, 2008 at 7:04 PM
I was just wondering if any one has a corn or wood pellet stove? If so what do you think of them, & how well do they heat up your home. My house, is not fully insulated, & we are thinking about investing in one versus paying out the ying yang for propane.

Replies

• kattincolorado
    January 19, 2008 at 3:03 PM
    i am sorry i did not see this earlier... this year for sure we are going to invest in one. they are rather pricy, but in the long run, its beats pay 350.00 a month for propane. the pellets are inexpensive, and they hear beautifully. yes, i would suggest that you get one, i know i am.
  • 25beengoodtome
    January 19, 2008 at 3:58 PM
    Hi, hubby & I live in Ohio, the Mid-Ohio Valley, and we use propane for our heat and cooking. this is our second winter(we moved into our new modular home last Dec. 9), and the cost of propane has been only $650.00 for a year. Not monthly. But, this IS a new house, all completely sealed and insulated. We also have just the two of us, no kids leaving doors open - adding to fuel loss& use.I don't mean to argue with you, just let people know propane can be affordable. 
  • kattincolorado
    January 19, 2008 at 5:23 PM
    unfortunately some of us don't have all that great insulation. mine sucks.
  • prettypaws
    January 19, 2008 at 5:26 PM
     We are renting a home right now with a pellet stove. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT....when we buy a new home I will be getting one.... we still have to have gas heat for the back bedrooms but it keeps our room the living room and kitchen all warm... we cut our heat bill in half... and it was almost 400 bucks a month!
  • kattincolorado
    January 19, 2008 at 5:59 PM
    how much did u pay, if you don't mind me asking.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts