The Cafe

Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Would you pierce baby's ears?
January 6 at 10:04 AM

Will you pierce your little one's ears? At what age would you do so?

Will you pierce your little one's ears?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 44% - Of course
  2. 50% - No way!
  3. 5% - Other, please explain

Replies

• KikiB85
    by KikiB85
    January 6 at 10:37 AM
    I waited an had my pediatrician do it when she was a year old.
  • SerenityBerry
    January 6 at 10:42 AM

No. 

My daughter didn't get her ears pierced until her 7th birthday and it will be the same for her little sisters. My reasons are multiple. I had an allergic reaction to the metal of the earrings I was pierced with as a child and I don't want to risk my babies going through that until they are old enough to verbalize to me that something is wrong. I also want them to be old enough to take care of them hygienically by themselves. 

• nova.mommy
    January 6 at 10:42 AM

My daughter is now 8 and loves them. 

She was about 8-9 months when we had it done.  We went to a place that specializes in doing babies ears, not the inexpensive shop in the mall.  Two people did it so both ears were done at the same time.  They had/used solid gold earrings to pierce.  They would not do it from after her first bithday until 2 1/2 because of the risk of her 'playing' with them causing an infection or injuring herself by pulling on them.

• alc4evermom
    January 6 at 11:06 AM

No.  I think nail polish on babies is super tacky too.  

• SnapIt
    by SnapIt
    January 6 at 11:08 AM
    I did it for my dd when she was months old
    She didnt cry and has never had any issues
  • sparklznblues
    January 6 at 11:23 AM

i didnt with my DD until she told me she wanted to( about 2). I couldnt when she was a baby cause whenever she got mad she would pull her ears i was so afaid she would snatch them out.

• nanasue31204
    January 6 at 11:25 AM
    We had our daughters done at 4 months after her second round of shots. I had mine done at 3 weeks and never had issues with that piercing, I've tried getting a couple more since then and have had nothing but trouble. My daughter literally whimpered for 15-20 seconds and then was back to smiling at the lady who did it.
  • Kitty_Myrick
    January 6 at 11:30 AM

It's one of thow personal choice thing what has no right answers.  Our doctor said wait for the second round of shots and we did for our first girl.  For our second it ends up a first birthday thing just because it worked out that way.

happy new year

• Dzyre1115
    January 6 at 4:03 PM

I would and I did....she was two months old....

• nurse1997
    January 6 at 5:31 PM

Really it is not a big deal !

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts