Featured Posts
Cafe Steph
Have your kids ever found something embarrassing in your bedroom?
January 3 at 9:06 AM

Most Embarrassing Things Kids Find in Their Parents’ Bedrooms

by Ericka Sóuter

handcuffsThere are a million ways our kids embarrass us. Tantrums in public. Blurting out what they overheard you saying about your neighbor -- to your neighbor. But that pales in comparison to what one couple's child did New Year's Eve. Bored with the family party, he went rummaging through their room, discovered a pair of furry handcuffs, and put them on. Problem is, no one could find the key. Desperate, they took the boy to the police station hoping that they could help. Cringe-worthy, right? This couple is not alone. More parents share the humiliating discoveries their children have made in their bedrooms. 

1. I found my son in the middle of my bed lotioning his arms and legs with what he called "really slippery lotion" he got from my nightstand. It was lubricant.
  2. I do remember when my son found the tampons I usually keep hidden and asked me what they’re for. I hadn’t explained anything about anything at that point. I think he was maybe 7 years old, so I think I hastily said, “Oh, well, that’s just something special women need sometimes, not a big deal, here, give them back” and he didn’t ask any more questions.
  3. My vibrator -- my son asked me why I got a pretty pink rabbit toy I didn't have to share.
  4. I must have been like 5 or 6 and visiting my aunt and uncle. I ran upstairs to watch cartoons with my cousins on their bed and looked down and saw something. I picked it up and said, "Hey, what's this?" They had a dog so I just thought it was a dog toy. My aunt and uncle both looked at me with their mouths open but must have been so mortified. They looked back and forth at me and at each other, and laughed and hid their faces -- and told me to drop it. I was so confused and insistent that they tell me what it was ... but I had older brothers, and so after standing there for like 10 seconds -- which felt MUCH longer -- I realized it was a rubber penis. I dropped it, was so grossed out, and ran from their room in total embarrassment. My uncle was the family jokester so my mom just explained that it was one of my uncle's silly prank toys. I, thank goodness, didn't know what the "toy" was used for until I was much, much older.
  5. My son found these photos I sent my husband when we were dating. This was back before everyone just zapped sexy pics on their smartphones. It was an actual photo of me in skimpy lingerie. He brought it to me -- in front of his sitter -- and asked why I didn't have any clothes on. 
  6. My daughters were playing in our room and I peeked in and saw them wearing strips of condoms as boas.
  7. I caught my daughter taste-testing my flavored body oil. She said it smelled like chocolate and asked why I was hiding this "candy stuff" under the bed.

Have your kids ever found something embarrassing in your bedroom?

Replies

• pseudomamma
    January 3 at 10:22 AM
    Not I, but I have a friend whose son found her drawer of fun one day and invited the neighborhood kids over to see. He was 7.
  • Razzbaby1988
    January 3 at 10:45 AM
    Lol me and my ex were moving and family came over to help.. My DH at the time bought me a vibrator with a necklace thing on the end lol So.. We're moving things and next thing you know my niece and nephew are cracking up. So me and their mother n father go into bedroom to go check on the then 5 year old boy who's wearing it around his neck!!!! OMG!!! I could have died!!....
  • LoveOurChild11
    January 3 at 12:56 PM

my son was playing hide and seek and found my ex husband and i play doll LMAO!!

• sparklznblues
    January 3 at 3:48 PM

when my daughter was 5 she went into my room and got my bra. Not too embarrassing but she decided she wanted to try to wear that DD size bra out where my inlaws were sitting in the living room and then asked them do they think Santa would ever bring her boobies like mamas. I tried to get it from her and she cried saying its pretty and look how much gma and papa like it 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 3 at 3:54 PM
    No, because I have nothing for them to find.
  • Connie04
    January 3 at 6:24 PM

Uhhh, no.....he hasn't found anything yet and I hope he never does!! 

• Talisyns
    January 3 at 8:56 PM

My 3 year old LO has discovered that she can wear my thongs a-la Borat style, and loves doing that. I take them away from her and put them up, but she always finds them. A few days ago my bishop's wife came over for a few minutes, and sure enough my LO comes running into the living room naked except for a bright red thong 'swimsuit'. She was so pleased with herself. We all had a good laugh (very weak laugh on my part) and I am locking her in her room next time I have visitors until this phase is over :P

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 3 at 11:01 PM

Oh gawd yes.... I used to take pictures for a men's magazine. It helped pay the bills & hubby liked seeing my photos in the mag. One was a favorite of his because it was of him too. (you couldn't see his face but he knew it was him) It was a cum shot & although I didn't really like the photo, they paid well for it so we sold it. I never thought of the ramifications........

Until my 12 yr old son found them

I cried & cried... and burned the stash of magazines.

My son is now 30 & my cheeks still burn with humiliation every time I think about it.

• LeKendria
    January 4 at 2:47 AM
    My 5 year old found a vibrator that my husband bought me years ago when we dated.
    I woke up one morning from this weird noise not only did he have it on he disected it.

My brother helped us move once. I had placed it in my purse so that no one would see it. I forgot abt it and i sent my brother to my purse for something and he ,in front of everyone says "eewww, youre nasty!" I was like what and he held it up for everyone to see. I was so embarrassed.
  • Momofmenagerie
    January 4 at 3:14 AM
    No, the children know our room is completely off limits unless invited in and supervised.

( if they did.... the first thing they'd find the standard police issued handcuffs I flirted off a mall cop years back ;-) easily explained...a souvenir )
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN