Featured Posts
Anonymous
before I kill myself - HELP ME!!!
by Anonymous
November 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I have a 3 and almost 5 year old.  They WILL NOT SLEEP It has been like this their whole lives and I am at the end of the rope.  They have no trouble going to bed at night - but WILL NOT STAY ASLEEP.  My youngest got up this morning at 4 AM!!! She will not nap today either.  She has bags under her eyes for God's sake!!!   Why won't she SLEEP!!! 

I have t keep going up there to put her to bed.  I am going to LOSE MY MIND!!!  I have absolutley no me time and get about 4 hours of sleep at night for the last almost 5 years !!!  PLEASE how do I KEEP them asleep. 

Are there any foods that will make them sleepy I can give them at 2 AM !!!  I am going nuts!!!!  LITERALLY!! 

Before anyone says it I will answer - I HAVE NO FAMILY NEAR.  Every time I say I am going nuts I get it's normal, etc.  I cannot take it anymore.  PLEASE I feel like I have girls from the movie The Ring. 

Replies

• wingsfan1234
    November 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM
    good luck! i feel for you my 5 yr old is the exact same way
  • bikrck
    by bikrck
    November 26, 2013 at 4:24 PM

My daughter did not sleep through the night for years, she is 11 now and is still like me, we suffer from severe insomonia.   I took her to the Dr when she was three and he said a few nights a week give them a dose of benedryl.   Just the proper amount.   It will help them sleep and wont hurt them.   I did work and it helped alot, now when I know its been a few days and she can sleep in on the weekend or has no school I let her take one tynolel pm.   Also, melotonin works great as well, its a natural sleep aid.   (Please ignore the spelling, rough day between my s/o and ex husband)  I am a bit emotional.   Good Luck and hang in there.  

• Serena1982
    November 26, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    I have strict routines for naptime and bedtime. Bath, stories, black-out curtains for naptime. Background noise like a fan or air filter. Also, no junk food or juice before bed or nap. Just milk and water depending on the time of day. I know kids seem to already exercise constantly, but REALLY wipe them out during certain times of the day. Not too close to sleep time or they just stay rowdy. I know this is all easier to write about than actually doing (especially when you are dying from sleep deprivation) I'm not perfectly consistent with my own toddlers. But when I am- it's better. Good luck!
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 26, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Sorry you are having a rough day too.  Seems to be going around today (I have some friends who are having a bad day too)  hope your day gets better!!!

Quoting bikrck:

My daughter did not sleep through the night for years, she is 11 now and is still like me, we suffer from severe insomonia.   I took her to the Dr when she was three and he said a few nights a week give them a dose of benedryl.   Just the proper amount.   It will help them sleep and wont hurt them.   I did work and it helped alot, now when I know its been a few days and she can sleep in on the weekend or has no school I let her take one tynolel pm.   Also, melotonin works great as well, its a natural sleep aid.   (Please ignore the spelling, rough day between my s/o and ex husband)  I am a bit emotional.   Good Luck and hang in there.  

• bikrck
    by bikrck
    November 26, 2013 at 4:56 PM

Must be the weather...It happens...I am going to grin at both of them have a good stiff drink, hot shower and go to bed.   They will get over it.   

Quoting Anonymous:

Sorry you are having a rough day too.  Seems to be going around today (I have some friends who are having a bad day too)  hope your day gets better!!!

Quoting bikrck:

• allycally
    November 26, 2013 at 4:59 PM
    My kiddos take melantonin nightly if not they would be up until 2/3 am..5 mg dissolvable tabs...they work wonders
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 26, 2013 at 5:06 PM

Is that dose ok for a 3 and 5 year old?  Do you know.  doctors have just told me to lock them in their room in the morning - literally.  I don't like that idea, and even if I did they would bother me with the banging on the door and what not. 

Quoting allycally:

My kiddos take melantonin nightly if not they would be up until 2/3 am..5 mg dissolvable tabs...they work wonders

• Light.Shine
    November 26, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I would make an appointment with their pediatrician and find out what's going on b/c that is NOT normal.  They need good sleep at night and you do, too.  

• allycally
    November 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM
    It honestly depends on the kid... Ds 5 started with half the 5mg tab but it didn't work so he takes the whole one.Ds 9 takes half.. I can't tell you the right dose for ur children.. you can call their Dr.or look up dosings online

Quoting Anonymous:

Is that dose ok for a 3 and 5 year old?  Do you know.  doctors have just told me to lock them in their room in the morning - literally.  I don't like that idea, and even if I did they would bother me with the banging on the door and what not. 

Quoting allycally:

• EireLass
    November 26, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    The body has the hormone melatonin already. But that doesn't mean its all in order. Adding melatonin.....it is not a sleeping pill.....it helps regulate the exsisting melatonin in the body. It regulates their sleep cycle. You have to set a regular schedule for bedtime every night, with this given about an hour prior. Because its not a sleeping pill, for some people it takes a few days of accumulation. There may also be some dietary changes you could make too.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN