The Cafe

Anonymous
If he's not wearing a wedding ring, does that mean he's going to cheat?
by Anonymous
October 8, 2013 at 10:57 AM

My husband has always worn his wedding ring but one of his friends just got married and doesn't wear one. His new bride confided in me that it really bothers her and she thinks he's not really committed to her unless he's wearing a ring. She also worries that he's going to cheat because, as she put it, "There's no ring to stop him or any woman from cheating." Like wedding rings have some special power to ward off infidelity?? Anyway, do YOU think a man is less happy or faithful if he's not wearing a ring?

Replies

• Mrs.Pedro
    October 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    Not at all. Some men just don't like jewelry and some jobs don't allow them to be worn. I think your friend is feeling insecure.
  • shawnamama
    October 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM

I work in place where I cant wear any jewelry . I have never cheated so I believe it would be the same deal.

• cntrdmom
    October 8, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    I don't wear a wedding ring most of the time. My dh always does but it wouldn't bother me if he didn't. My grandpa never wore his. I've seen people that always wear a ring and people that never do. In my experience it's never meant someone is more likely to be unfaithful.
  • 2Sparrows4ever
    October 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM
    Doesn't mean anything, commitment doesn't require a ring
  • MamaTrombley
    October 8, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Nope. He could be like myself and just hates the feel of things between his finger. My husband understood this and found a really thin ring for me to wear. One that i cant tell is there and doesn't bother my fingers.

• lil_mom2010
    October 8, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Nope. My husband hard ever wears his. Doesn't bother me unless we arehaving pictures done. 

• nuts4scouts
    October 8, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Tell the new, insecure, bride, to try something radical - TALK to her HUSBAND about how she feels.

Talking to everyone else, BUT her husband, will only cause more problems.

• kysmama08
    October 8, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Some men don't wear them due to their jobs, but like you said, there are no special powers that they have lol

• Mommy4000
    October 8, 2013 at 11:28 AM

My husband and I don't wear our wedding rings. I don't gauge my husband's commitment to me on whether or not there is a ring on his finger, and he doesn't worry about my commitment based on that either. I think, if it's something that makes her feel better, he should wear it for her, but also agree with you, a ring is not a magical force field that keeps men from cheating lol.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM

a man is going to cheat whether or not they are wearing a wedding ring or not.. Of coarse its comforting to have your hubby where his, but sometimes thats how it goes.. What is the reason he is not wearing it, usually its a conversation between the two.  Is it for his job, its too small or did he just one day  he took it off and not put it back on.. I think its a conversation worth starting, instead of just being miserable..

The Cafe