Featured Posts
katie_c25
Kids want apps they see on tv, I'm clueless, help please.
September 28, 2013 at 9:35 PM
I want to get my kids something that they can play apps on. I don't have the slightest idea where to start though. I don't know what devices I can put apps on or how I do that or how any of it works, and I don't have alot of money to spend on something to put apps on. Also don't know how much apps usually cost. My kids are 7 and 4 so I'm just trying to figure out what the cheapest device is I would be able to get for this. Can somebody give me a quick "apps for dummies" lesson?

Replies

• NDADanceMom
    September 28, 2013 at 9:45 PM

We have iPads for most of our apps but the cheapest thing we have that works pretty good is the iPod.  

• katie_c25
    September 28, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Thank you :) How would I get apps on an iPod? Do I have to be able to get online with it to get them? How does that work? And are apps free or how much do they usually cost? Would I need a credit card? Sorry so many questions, just something I have been thinking about for a while now and anything i turn up on an internet search assumes I at least have an idea what I'm talking about but I really don't lol. Thank you

• JamieBue38
    September 28, 2013 at 10:08 PM
    Ipods and ipads are really expensive.
    I would recommend going to Walmart and looking at their tablets. A person working there can help you find a cheap one. You need wifi to download apps. You need an account that will ask for your credit card, a lot of games are free though. Just make sure you download apps for your kids so they aren't accidentally spending money, it usually asks for your password so they don't accidentally do that. If you have little kids, buy a case for it, screens can crack very easily.
  • tddncw2010
    September 28, 2013 at 10:10 PM
    We have samsung galaxy 2 tablets that we love and they were I think around $200?
  • katie_c25
    September 28, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I just looked on Walmart's website and they have a tablet for $40. I would be able to put apps on that? And it would just connect through the internet here and I don't have to have anything extra on the tablet to connect? Sorry again and thank you.

• JamieBue38
    September 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
    The xelio? Yes, you just need your wifi password, and connect it to wifi then make an account. Nothing else is needed, it comes with a charger to plug into the wall.
    How old are your kids? Little kids know how to operate technology very well, after a week they'll show you how to use it :)

Quoting katie_c25:

I just looked on Walmart's website and they have a tablet for $40. I would be able to put apps on that? And it would just connect through the internet here and I don't have to have anything extra on the tablet to connect? Sorry again and thank you.

• jaylonsmommy26
    September 29, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Kindle fires are pretty cheap and u can buy the apps from the amazon app store, but there are tons of really good ones that are free. And there are lots of fun learning apps for kids.

• jaylonsmommy26
    September 29, 2013 at 9:48 AM

And it asks for cc number to buy apps but u can use a prepaid card with a couple bucks on it. That also helps with ur kids accidentally making purchases.

• xixCandyxix
    September 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM

You can get used android phones from straight talk for $20. But you need to buy a phone card for $45 to get it.

• Sam1683
    by Sam1683
    September 29, 2013 at 3:25 PM
    I prefer android. My youngest just uses my phone and can load any game he wants as long as its free.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts