The Cafe

Cherrybomb1989
Do they hurt?
August 21, 2013 at 5:54 PM
I have an appointment with a urologist next month, now I have never had a scope done before. Do they hurt?

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 21, 2013 at 6:32 PM

No idea what you mean.

• Cherrybomb1989
    August 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM
    They have to look at my bladder, and from what I read they sound very uncomfortable :/ it's gotta go up inside me :/ just thinking about it makes me shiver!!

Quoting Anonymous:

No idea what you mean.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    August 21, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I bet it's more uncomfortable than anything, but I don't have a clue.  Good luck and I hope everything turns out well.

• Cherrybomb1989
    August 21, 2013 at 7:06 PM

thanks, ive been suffering these symptoms for almost 2months now so im hoping ill have some answers soon enough

Quoting Anonymous:

I bet it's more uncomfortable than anything, but I don't have a clue.  Good luck and I hope everything turns out well.

• HiDi
    by HiDi
    August 21, 2013 at 7:59 PM

In the case of 'burning,pressure on the bladder" the 'scope'  will relieve the pressure,etc.,;and, you finally will a soothing relief(this was my past experience,though ti's different for each one). I am grateful to have one;on, for was recovered,& 'good as new' ! My prayers you will 'come thru with flying colors'! God bless ou & keep you ! Cafe Di

• LadyBast
    August 21, 2013 at 8:54 PM

No idea and I am sure if it is bad they will give you something for pain just to dull it!

• jlmc
    by jlmc
    August 21, 2013 at 10:24 PM

No idea, but goodluck I hope it doesnt hurt too bad.

• Cherrybomb1989
    August 21, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Thank you I hope that I do get from relief from this, it's difficult to just do my normal things when I'm constantly feeling that urge to go when I can't fully go :/

Quoting HiDi:

In the case of 'burning,pressure on the bladder" the 'scope'  will relieve the pressure,etc.,;and, you finally will a soothing relief(this was my past experience,though ti's different for each one). I am grateful to have one;on, for was recovered,& 'good as new' ! My prayers you will 'come thru with flying colors'! God bless ou & keep you ! Cafe Di

• mamamiajk
    August 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Have you ever had a catheter? I think it's about the same. I know it's hard when you're nervous but breath deep and try to relax. Tightening up could make things worse.

• Cherrybomb1989
    August 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM
    Nope never had one those, but yeah I'll do my best to relax, thanks

Quoting mamamiajk:

Have you ever had a catheter? I think it's about the same. I know it's hard when you're nervous but breath deep and try to relax. Tightening up could make things worse.

The Cafe