Featured Posts
Anonymous
What do you do when he wants more kids & you don't?
by Anonymous
July 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM

My husband and I have 3 kids together, 5, 7, and 8. He's started dropping hints about wanting another one but I'm exhausted from the 3 we have. I've told him I like having 3 and don't want more but he keeps trying to make me change my mind.

What can I do to get him to understand?

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    July 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM
    Should be talked about before marriage. I say if he wants more he can get pregnant.
  • MichelleK41
    July 19, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I'd give him a weekend alone with the kids and then go from there. ;)

• peggytoo
    July 20, 2013 at 8:55 AM

Quoting MichelleK41:

...maybe a whole bunch of weekends.  Also  that would defuse some of the frazzle in your life.  I raised four, and I look back and can't figure out how I did it.  It was great though when hubs had them for some weekends.

• pittymama
    July 20, 2013 at 1:08 PM

like this idea

Quoting MichelleK41:

• Madelaine
    July 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM

We discussed it before marriage.

• Madelaine
    July 20, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Ha!  Agreed!!

Quoting MichelleK41:

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    July 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I have no clue, this is a fear of mine. I have one and want no more, if I ever find a new partner it will have to be one who doesn't have kids (preferably) and doesn't want kids, but will accept the one I have. You know?... It sucks. And I feel like I eventually will be convinced on having another if I get into a relationship.

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    July 20, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Having another child really has to be agreed on by both people. It is totally unfair and may damage the relationship for it to be a one person decision when the other has said no. What I suggest when one wants another child and the other doesn't is that they agree to discuss it in 6 months (or a year) and see how they both feel then. The time can even be extended for a while. But meanwhile no pressuring. If he simply won't listen to you, then get couples counseling. Good luck!

• Bmat
    by Bmat
    July 20, 2013 at 7:56 PM

LOL yes!!

Quoting MichelleK41:

• rayroe2
    by rayroe2
    July 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM
    My husband wants five kids. I only ever wanted too. I live being pregnant so we are planning on four.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN