Featured Posts
bamababe1975
Starting Kindergarten with a pacifier?
July 17, 2013 at 9:56 AM

What age do you think kids should be forced to give up the pacifier? A friend of mine's daughter is starting Kindergarten next month and still sucks her pacifier all day.

Replies

• CometGirl
    July 17, 2013 at 9:58 AM

That is absurd!!!  I dislike pacifiers so none of my kids ever had one.

• MommyLehr
    July 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Once the kid hits their first birthday. 

• jujubear1
    July 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM
    Idk I took dd's away at 10 months, but only because she kept biting holes in them and I was worried she would choke on what she bit off. She never used them much anyway. I never had to deal with taking one away from an older kid, but she might be embarrassed to use it at school and possibly quit using it all on her own.
  • Gabeys_Mommy
    July 17, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    My son had one a few months past his 2nd birthday. I try not to judge when I see an older child out and about with one in their mouth but I think 18 months and definitely by 2 it should be gone.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    July 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
    Insane. The schools not gonna allow it, or they shouldn't. Talk about getting made fun of!. What is wrong with parents these days? I feel so old with all the stupid things I see happen today.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    July 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Ridiculous. What's her reason for letting her continue to use the pacifier for so long? Let me guess, just because she wants to? Or the dd wants to? Or the dd screams if you take it away? I'm so sick of people letting their kids do whatever like this just because they don't want to take the hard road and deal with a little tantrum to get them over the bad habit that's no good for them.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    July 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM
    Some parents, well a lot do not wanna parent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ridiculous. What's her reason for letting her continue to use the pacifier for so long? Let me guess, just because she wants to? Or the dd wants to? Or the dd screams if you take it away? I'm so sick of people letting their kids do whatever like this just because they don't want to take the hard road and deal with a little tantrum to get them over the bad habit that's no good for them.

• Marimaru
    July 17, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Isabelle had hers until she turned 3.  That said, after she was 1 it was only for bedtime and naptime.  So, if you saw us out in public, you would never know she used one.  I'm thinking with my youngest (she'll be 1 at the end of the month) I'll try for closer to 2, but try to line it up with a big event.  Isabelle lost the pacifier when we did her up a new room with a new bed and everything right near her 3rd birthday.  She was told it was a big girl room, and big girls don't need binkies.  She asked me once "I can sleep in the baby room, and use my binky?", but didn't flip out when I said no.  

• Nicole_2007
    July 17, 2013 at 1:08 PM

My oldest had hers till she was 28 months my other two never liked them.  My youngest would chew on them but never sucked them.  He just turned one and he has one that's a Teething Pacifier and he chews on it but I am getting them all out of the house since he is one  but past three I think is crazy cause it starts messing with their teeth

• NDADanceMom
    July 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    In my school the teachers do not allow comfort items as they are distracting and become targets for teasing. No pacis, no blankies, no stuffies. The school would tell the parent to hold the child back until they could go to school without it. By 7 they better be in school full time however, state law
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN