The Cafe

Featured Posts
Anonymous
First family outrageous cost of their African vacation
by Anonymous
June 14, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Record cost between 60 and 100 million for a VACATION. Just crazy in our economic times. Oh, they they won't do a safari because that would add to the cost. Nice of them, (sarcasm)

Replies

• mollgirl59
    June 14, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Yeah I heard this. Just awful. I can't even remember the last time I had a vacation.

• marchantmom06
    June 14, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    That's bullshit, no vacation cost even a million dollars, much less 60, but by all means lets believe the idiots who get paid to berate the president.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    June 14, 2013 at 9:55 AM
    This was on the Today Show. It is true. It is all the security. Why don't you believe it. Other presidents travel too. 40 million was the last record vaca and Clinton spent that.

Quoting marchantmom06:

That's bullshit, no vacation cost even a million dollars, much less 60, but by all means lets believe the idiots who get paid to berate the president.

• Anonymous
    June 14, 2013 at 10:02 AM

President Obama’s upcoming trip to Africa will require extraordinary security measures and will likely cost taxpayers tens of millions of dollars, according to a confidential planning document obtained by the Washington Post.

In addition to the hundreds of agents that will be required to secure the president when he visits Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania later this month, the Washington Post reports that military planes will airlift in 56 support vehicles, including 14 limousines and three trucks’ worth of bullet-proof glass to cover the windows of the president’s hotels.

The security precautions go beyond the ground to the nearby seas and skies.  The Post reports that an aircraft carrier with a fully staffed emergency medical center is being positioned nearby and that fighter jets will protect the president’s airspace 24 hours a day.

While the trip’s price tag remains unknown, President Clinton’s visit to Africa in 1998 cost the federal government at least $42.7 million, according to the Government Accountability Office.

Obama’s expensive trip, the cost of which is in line with previous presidential trips to Africa, comes as federal agencies are grappling with across-the-board spending cuts.

The costly security measures are reportedly due in part to the fact that the White House will have to rely more heavily on U.S. resources rather than those provided by local officials in Africa.

• Anonymous
    June 14, 2013 at 10:03 AM

It is being reported to cost way over Clinton's trip. 

• Anonymous
    June 14, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I just put an article up.  Yep, it does cost 40 mil+. 

Quoting marchantmom06:

• marchantmom06
    June 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    Oh yes the news reported it, so it must be true!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marchantmom06:

• Anonymous
    June 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    Believe what you want. You just love to call people out. This was from abc news. If you believe the Obama's vacation for $10,000 believe it.

Quoting marchantmom06:

Oh yes the news reported it, so it must be true!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting marchantmom06:

• Anonymous
    June 15, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    More reports today it will cost 60 to 100 million. A floating hospital is another necessity. This is for an 8 day trip.
    The sequester is the reason the cost is being scrutinized much more.
    What could 100 mil be used for here instead of an 8 day trip??
  • Annsf
    by Annsf
    June 15, 2013 at 10:33 AM
    George W. took 2 trips to Africa besides almost weekly vacas to Texas. Guess those don't count.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts