Featured Posts
j_mbrady
Surprise Meat Loaf Cupcakes
May 26, 2013 at 2:37 AM

My 12 year old son is a backwards eater. He rather have dessert first then his dinner. He also is not a big fan of meatloaf so, I tricked him by using this trick. If you have a picky eater...try this receipe.

1 pound of lean ground beef

1/2 cup bread crumbs, seasoned

1 cup grated Monterey Jack Cheese

3 Tablespoons ketchup

1 egg

1/2 teaspoon celery salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

Frosting:

3 cups mashed potatoes

food coloring

1.  Line 12 muffin tin cups with foil bake cups.

2.  In a large bowl, mix together all of the meatloaf ingredients until well combined.

3.  Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 full.

4.  Place the filled muffin tins on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until cooked through.

5.  Divide the mash potatoes among three small bowls and stir in a few drops of food coloring into each batch to create frostings.

6.  Spread a generous dollup on each cupcake.

Replies

• HunnyBabie
    May 26, 2013 at 5:56 PM

I was going to tell you that I think you should call them "individual meatloafs"; HOWEVER, after reading your post...

I like the idea!!!  DH wouldn't be able to get past the fact that they look like dessert and then taste like dinner; he would say something like his tongue is confused.  But the kids should like it a lot!!!  I'm going to try to get DH to let me try it some time.  (yes, "let"; he does almost all the cooking and I'm kind of a quack in the kitchen). ;-)

• j_mbrady
    May 26, 2013 at 7:38 PM

"DH" I am guessing stands for "Darling Husband"?

• colins_mom
    May 26, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    awesome!!
  • j_mbrady
    June 7, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Has anyone tried these yet?

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!