Featured Posts
jomami
Would you feel safe leaving your door unlocked at night?
by jomami
May 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Would you feel safe leaving your door unlocked at night?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 40% - yes
  2. 56% - no
  3. 4% - Other - please explain.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    May 8, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Yes.  Growing up we rarely locked our doors, never during the day.  I didn't have a key, lol. 

Here, I have left my front door unlocked many many times during the day.  If someone wants to get it they will anyway. 

• CorpCityGrl
    May 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM

No.  I live in NYC, so NO!

• honeydewmommy
    May 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM

So I have an Coded keypad locks and reg dead bolts, this neighborhood isn't bad, but lately when you see the news the first thing they say , "in this quite suburb neighborhood".....never take things for granted.

• LuvMyBoys09
    May 8, 2013 at 10:45 AM
    Yes, we live in a nice, quiet area and our driveway looks a bit like a alley which curves down a hill, so most people don't even know or house or our neighbors house is back here.
    We don't leave our doors unlocked at night but we'd be fine if we did.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    May 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM

I have a friend who lives in a great neighborhood and it is gated and she locks her doors all the time and turns on her alarm whenever she is in the house and or out.  It is like she is paranoid.  Never been broken into.  I just think it is a little much.  I would forget to turn the alarm on and off if I were her kids every time they go in and out. 

• Stephd710
    May 8, 2013 at 12:11 PM

No way.  The street behind mine is sketchy.  I doubt anyone would come in my house though.  Unless they would like their face torn off by my dog.  Anyone casing my house would have seen her and hopefully thought twice.  

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    May 8, 2013 at 12:13 PM

A couple of weeks ago sure!

Now, no way.  My son is sleeping in my daughter's room right now because I don't even feel safe with him downstairs alone.

• mom4awesomekids
    May 8, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Yes we live in a small town...and we have 2 dogs that are good.

• storkradio193
    May 8, 2013 at 12:57 PM

No, not with young kids whose room is closer to the front door.  

• 1CrazyCajun
    May 8, 2013 at 2:22 PM

When I was younger, I don't think anyone ever locked their doors. I live in a small country town. However, the last 10-12 years, things have gotten kind of bad. Several sex offenders have moved into our town. People don't feel as safe anymore. :(

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN