The Cafe

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Is it OK for stepmom to shower with 5yo stepson?
by Anonymous
May 7, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I saw on the homepage where this woman was upset about her ex's girlfriend showering with her 5yo son. She was really upset that it was the girlfriend rather than the dad who showered with him.

At what age does it become inappropriate for parents, stepparents, or other caretakers to shower with a child of a different gender?

Replies

• ladyraven16
    May 7, 2013 at 9:36 AM
    When it makes one of them uncomfortable. My 6yr old showers alone but my 4yr old shower with me. They only shower with me though. Neither of their father's nor their father's gfs or my fiance.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    May 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM
    5 yo should be showing alone or with Dad.
  • tapies2324
    May 7, 2013 at 9:40 AM
    I showered with my ds until he was about 4. I don't shower with my stepkids but I have bathed them. I'm not comfortable with them seeing me naked at all.
  • MomRocs1102
    May 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM

that's his girlfriend she should never be in the shower with him, his own mother isn't even in the shower with him.  He is 5, he is able to shower himself.  It is inappropriate probably around 3 maybe 4 for parents imo.

• gammie
    by gammie
    May 7, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Parents girlfriends or boyfriends should never shower with the kids!!

• fullxbusymom
    May 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I still showered with all my boys till they were around 6.  However, it doesn't matter to me.  We don't have issues with nudity in our home.  My boys still see me or their father naked and 2 are now teens.

• gammie
    by gammie
    May 7, 2013 at 12:57 PM

You are the parent that is not same someone's boyfriend or girlfriend 

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I still showered with all my boys till they were around 6.  However, it doesn't matter to me.  We don't have issues with nudity in our home.  My boys still see me or their father naked and 2 are now teens.

• fullxbusymom
    May 7, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Actually it is a step parent not just a boyfriend or girlfriend and if I knew about it and was comfortable with said step parent I may not have a problem with it.  When my kids were little my mom bathed with my boys. 

Quoting gammie:

You are the parent that is not same someone's boyfriend or girlfriend 

Quoting fullxbusymom:

• aimesnyc
    May 7, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Never.

• NDADanceMom
    May 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM
    I took baths with my babies under 2. Never showered with them.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts