Featured Posts
bamababe1975
If you made more money, would you be happier?
April 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM

University of Michigan economists Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers have discovered that for people of all economic circumstances, when income rises, people say they are happier. (http://now.msn.com/more-income-makes-people-happier-says-study)

If you made more money, would YOU be happier?

Replies

• nodramamama311
    April 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    I would be happier if we didn't have to struggle, worry about how we are going to pay upcoming bills. I'd be happier if we had a vehicle that didn't have a check engine light on all the time and leaked radiator fluid. Yes, if we had more money I'd be happier because the stress and worry would be gone. I don't need to be filthy rich and have tons of material things, just less worry.
  • MomRocs1102
    April 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Im happy, but yes that would be a plus

• zumbafreak11
    April 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    I'd be a lot happier. I wouldn't have to struggle to make ends meet.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    April 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    I'll be happier when I have a job in my field, not a bs call center position. . .
  • MomofHDFandNWF
    April 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM

This exactly!  We are finally starting to "get our feet under us" per se.... my child care is overflowing with a wait list ~ that has never happened for me!  I am looking at upping my licensing numbers to take 12 (with a helper) instead of the 8 I have now.... and I already have a helper lined up and ready to start working for me if I can get the paperwork to go through.

What we struggle with right now are the little over $2000 in medical bills we are currently paying on - from 3 different hospitals/providers and the credit card bills - not to mention (at least during the winter) heating costs - we live in Maine!

If we could get the medical bills and the credit card bills paid off, we would definitley be in a better place financially and there would be a lot less strain there when it comes time to pay bills.  But, we will get there... I keep reassuring DH of that but he says "Oh, the credit card bills will always be there..." Not if we pay them off and stop using them - DUH!  Still working on him on that one.... One day at a time, right?

Quoting nodramamama311:

I would be happier if we didn't have to struggle, worry about how we are going to pay upcoming bills. I'd be happier if we had a vehicle that didn't have a check engine light on all the time and leaked radiator fluid. Yes, if we had more money I'd be happier because the stress and worry would be gone. I don't need to be filthy rich and have tons of material things, just less worry.

• deadlights86
    April 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I wouldn't be stressed which would make me happier thats for sure.

• Thelmama
    April 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I am happy even if we do live pay check to pay check. We are blessed.  Would things be easier, yes, but I am already very happy.  God is so good and my faith helps me see the positive in life even when things are tough.  I can't explain it but I am happy beyond words and working to get things better. Being happy and content doesn't mean I just sit and don't change but it means I don't let life get to me.

• overweightmommy
    April 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Yes, to not be stressing about the bills would be amazing.

• EireLass
    April 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Yes.

• TimetoMomUp
    April 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM

No.  What would make me happy would be to have the mortgage paid in full.  :-)

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN