The Cafe

Featured Posts
bamababe1975
If you made more money, would you be happier?
April 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM

University of Michigan economists Betsey Stevenson and Justin Wolfers have discovered that for people of all economic circumstances, when income rises, people say they are happier. (http://now.msn.com/more-income-makes-people-happier-says-study)

If you made more money, would YOU be happier?

Replies

• nodramamama311
    April 30, 2013 at 12:56 PM
    I would be happier if we didn't have to struggle, worry about how we are going to pay upcoming bills. I'd be happier if we had a vehicle that didn't have a check engine light on all the time and leaked radiator fluid. Yes, if we had more money I'd be happier because the stress and worry would be gone. I don't need to be filthy rich and have tons of material things, just less worry.
  • MomRocs1102
    April 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Im happy, but yes that would be a plus

• zumbafreak11
    April 30, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    I'd be a lot happier. I wouldn't have to struggle to make ends meet.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    April 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    I'll be happier when I have a job in my field, not a bs call center position. . .
  • MomofHDFandNWF
    April 30, 2013 at 1:13 PM

This exactly!  We are finally starting to "get our feet under us" per se.... my child care is overflowing with a wait list ~ that has never happened for me!  I am looking at upping my licensing numbers to take 12 (with a helper) instead of the 8 I have now.... and I already have a helper lined up and ready to start working for me if I can get the paperwork to go through.

What we struggle with right now are the little over $2000 in medical bills we are currently paying on - from 3 different hospitals/providers and the credit card bills - not to mention (at least during the winter) heating costs - we live in Maine!

If we could get the medical bills and the credit card bills paid off, we would definitley be in a better place financially and there would be a lot less strain there when it comes time to pay bills.  But, we will get there... I keep reassuring DH of that but he says "Oh, the credit card bills will always be there..." Not if we pay them off and stop using them - DUH!  Still working on him on that one.... One day at a time, right?

Quoting nodramamama311:

I would be happier if we didn't have to struggle, worry about how we are going to pay upcoming bills. I'd be happier if we had a vehicle that didn't have a check engine light on all the time and leaked radiator fluid. Yes, if we had more money I'd be happier because the stress and worry would be gone. I don't need to be filthy rich and have tons of material things, just less worry.

• deadlights86
    April 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM

I wouldn't be stressed which would make me happier thats for sure.

• Thelmama
    April 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM

I am happy even if we do live pay check to pay check. We are blessed.  Would things be easier, yes, but I am already very happy.  God is so good and my faith helps me see the positive in life even when things are tough.  I can't explain it but I am happy beyond words and working to get things better. Being happy and content doesn't mean I just sit and don't change but it means I don't let life get to me.

• overweightmommy
    April 30, 2013 at 1:21 PM

Yes, to not be stressing about the bills would be amazing.

• EireLass
    April 30, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Yes.

• TimetoMomUp
    April 30, 2013 at 4:15 PM

No.  What would make me happy would be to have the mortgage paid in full.  :-)

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts