The Cafe

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Top 1% (very interesting)
by Anonymous
April 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Thought some might find this interesting.

A different way to express the wealth inequality in America today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM&feature=player_embedded

I was shocked; AND I'M A CONSERVATIVE!!!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM
    Then get off your ass and become the top. Who pays the most taxes because the bottom 50% don't pay shit and many take and don't give dime. I hate the steal from Peter to pay Paul.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous - Original Poster
    April 9, 2013 at 4:48 PM

1. Yeah, that's a nice thing to say, but I've been working my butt off all my life (as has my DH) and we're no better off than when we started, in fact, we're not even that well off anymore.

2. Who pays the most taxes is NOT the top 1%.  There's a point at which the top X% are paying less than the tens of percentages below them.

3. As I said, I'm a conservative.  I don't agree with stealing from Peter to pay Paul either.
    The market isn't free to regulate itself, therefore the rich keep getting richer and the rest just keep getting poorer.  The government has bound up the market in just enough laws and regulations to make it impossible for anyone to GET to the "top".

Quoting Anonymous:

Then get off your ass and become the top. Who pays the most taxes because the bottom 50% don't pay shit and many take and don't give dime. I hate the steal from Peter to pay Paul.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 4:50 PM
    Do research. The top 25% pays 85% of taxes.

Quoting Anonymous:

1. Yeah, that's a nice thing to say, but I've been working my butt off all my life (as has my DH) and we're no better off than when we started, in fact, we're not even that well off anymore.

2. Who pays the most taxes is NOT the top 1%.  There's a point at which the top X% are paying less than the tens of percentages below them.

3. As I said, I'm a conservative.  I don't agree with stealing from Peter to pay Paul either.
    The market isn't free to regulate itself, therefore the rich keep getting richer and the rest just keep getting poorer.  The government has bound up the market in just enough laws and regulations to make it impossible for anyone to GET to the "top".

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    People also think the rich sit and do nothing which is nothing of the sort.
  • Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 4:57 PM

I have done research.  The top 25% may pay 85% of taxes, but how does that break down according to percentage of wealth and how does that breakdown look over the entire top 25%?  So the point I mentioned is above the 25% mark, so what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM
    Who cares how the top 25% pays taxes. They pay nearly all the taxes.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have done research.  The top 25% may pay 85% of taxes, but how does that break down according to percentage of wealth and how does that breakdown look over the entire top 25%?  So the point I mentioned is above the 25% mark, so what?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I don't think that.  I know they're VERY busy...
    playing golf, buying gold, lobbying for special interests, etc, etc.  Yes, I'm sure they find time to drop by their companies and see what the little ppl are doing on occasion too.  Oh, yes, and all those charity events they get paid to show up at.

The video wasn't talking about "the rich".  The video was talking primarily about the top 1%.  THEY are not busy working hard to keep or earn more money; they have invested what they own and are letting interest accrue (sp) on it.

Quoting Anonymous:

People also think the rich sit and do nothing which is nothing of the sort.

• Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Apparently, I was unclear.  What I was getting at was looking at the top 1%, not the top 25% or who pays the most taxes.

Are you in the top 1%?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    We pay 45% in total taxes. I'll just leave it at that. Always owe at tax time.

Quoting Anonymous:

Apparently, I was unclear.  What I was getting at was looking at the top 1%, not the top 25% or who pays the most taxes.

Are you in the top 1%?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• ZanderandBella
    April 9, 2013 at 5:04 PM
    I believe that everyone should have a flat rate % no matter how much they earn. I find it ridiculous that I am paying more % wise every time my paychecks go up.

Oh and couldn't watch the video yet since I'm at school as a sub

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts