The Cafe

Featured Posts
lilmamabowers
Is he fair?
April 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM
My little girls father, my boyfriend, is always out and about. He goes to college on Tuesday and Thursdays, works on Wed, Fri, and Sat for a few hours. Here lately he is always wanting to do something when he wants and never seems to want to be home with me and kaylee. All he wants to do is play golf, video games, computer, basketball... I am a sahm for now and do everything even when he's not working...

Is this normal? It's really starting to get old.

Replies

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    April 8, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Yes, normal. But still not okay.

Come to a compromise. How much video games are you comfortable with - and how much does he want to play? Same with going out... And you are also entitled to equal "going out" time.

It's all about compromising...

• childofGod995
    April 8, 2013 at 2:07 PM

the only thing you can do is love your child the best way you know how. there is no way we can control anyone else. however, if he wants to be that way, he can always move out on his own.

• lilmamabowers
    April 8, 2013 at 2:19 PM
    Thanks. I feel the same way.. He is starting to be extra baggage that I'm getting tired of carrying. Yea I love him with all my heart and more then life itself but I HAVE TO DO WHAT'S BEST FOR KAYLEE
  • EarlGrayHot
    April 8, 2013 at 3:01 PM

When we had our daighter my husband doted upon her, even going out and coming home with really cute things for her room.  In all the years we were together he NEVER ignored her and he would always choose to spend time with her, even now that she's an adult, rather than doing the things you mention.  Don't settle.  Tell hubby you need more support and that his daughter needs her dad.

• lapcounter
    April 8, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Sounds like he needs to grow up.

• auntangelofsix
    April 8, 2013 at 3:46 PM
    I agree.

Quoting lapcounter:

Sounds like he needs to grow up.

• sweetr0se
    April 8, 2013 at 4:02 PM

It's not normal for me, I believe guys should have thier free time and hang out with the guys! But I think on days like Sunday should be spent with just the family, there isn't a need to spend time with friends on that day! I would tell him how you feel and give him days he should be home and that he needs to be putting his family first!

• nurse1997
    April 8, 2013 at 4:42 PM

For some reason us moms have a double standard let him know you want some family time too thats its not all play time for him only you guys look so young ;] 

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    April 8, 2013 at 4:43 PM

My dh doesn't go anywhere. When he's not working, he's home. 

I wouldn't mind if he went out maybe once a week or something but not all the time. 

• lilmamabowers
    April 8, 2013 at 7:24 PM
    I'll be 20 this year and he will be 21 so we are young parents. But at 21 I think by now he would have grown up, especially since we have a daughter. It's like if he's not happy, no ones happy

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts