The Cafe

Featured Posts
stargaze281
why would....
April 1, 2013 at 10:50 PM

my sil is prego and shes around 23 weeks. I have thought of asking her if she has found out what she will have. Reason I say this is because in her last pregnancy she called and told me what she will have. So this time, I am guessing she may of already had her ultrasound and I am perplexed she hasnt called me and told me anything. We have spoken on phone a few times before and I hesitated to ask cause I thought she would talk about it. So, it has made me feel like  she doesnt wanna tell me anything,  so i am surprised a bit. We do talk often and just find it interesting in some way. I keep feeling that she doesnt wanna share. I am not  sure what's happening.

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    April 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Maybe she doesn't. We never found out what either of our babies were.
  • Momabear455
    April 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Maybe she wants it to be a surprise or she just hasn't decided to tell anyone yet because she may just keep it secret until the baby is born.  We didn't want to know with our second one.

• stargaze281
    April 2, 2013 at 1:33 PM

do you think it would be wrong to ask her if shes gonna want to find out what shes having?? Another reason I am wondering is cause we might go visit her, she lives in another state and i planned on getting something for her baby.

Quoting Momabear455:

Maybe she wants it to be a surprise or she just hasn't decided to tell anyone yet because she may just keep it secret until the baby is born.  We didn't want to know with our second one.

• Marimaru
    April 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I don't see why you couldn't ask her.  I know that for the anatomy ultrasound with my oldest we had to go back in there 4 times for them to get everything they wanted to see (the last bit was her spine of all things) and we didn't find out the gender until that 4th one, so probably about 24 weeks.  So maybe she hasn't been able to find out yet.

• momofsixangels
    April 2, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I would just ask her

• CatiaAlexandra
    April 3, 2013 at 6:29 PM

The only way you will know for sure is by calling her and finding out yourself why shes not calling you to tell you the sex of her baby. Sometimes we family take judgement in our own hands when the problem is not you. Maybe shes busy or maybe she does not know the sex of the baby. But for you to find out what shes up to is by calling her.   I would of done that if i was in your situation

• kellynh
    by kellynh
    April 4, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Just ask. :) 

• timon95
    by timon95
    April 4, 2013 at 10:35 PM

just ask...say you want to get something for the new baby and would like to know what gender theme you should be looking in

• la_bella_vita
    April 4, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Just ask : )

• mrswillie
    April 5, 2013 at 6:38 AM

I would ask. I think you may be looking more into the situation, than is really there.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts