Featured Posts
didavis
Dealing with Psycho Neighbors
by didavis
March 6, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Okay. Since I moved in my home around the middle of June; I have been constant bickering with my neighbors. Why no one has never been taken to jail; thank god, the police have been called about 6-8 times. My neighbor thanks she is hot stuff and I have a temper. I am having a hard time not saying anything because she is always telling lies. Here are the events:

1. She was picking on a kid, got all up lifting up her shirt, showing us her fat and booty dancing around my son. She called the cops saying my son knocked over her bird feeder.

2. Called the cops saying my son was going to beat up her son.

3. Called the cops saying my son hit her car with a BB and it was nextdoor neighbors.

4. I called the cops when her son hit my car with a BB; then was bragging about it to friends.

5. Called the cops today when a kid on her property smacked my son in the face with a snowball and my son went over to confont the kid; she began yelling in my face.

Today I did loose my temper and the cop didn't arrest me but put me in the back of the police car while he talked to her and my husband about how this fued will end. I was yelling or really talking over her because all she says is lies. I mean, how am I supposed to put up with her SH*T? She is NOTHING but an annoying, fat hog. She told me she was going to put a restraining order against me and wasn't going to stop till I left or get evicted. I am thinking, lady, I am the one who is being harrassed here. Never in my life have I dealt with the cops so much. This is just redicoulus. Now, my son has special needs and hardly goes outside; but, everytime he does it ends with cops being called. Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this? It is hardly fair that she always gets the upper hand and acts like she wins all the time when she is the one with the problem. I mean, it just ticks me off even more.  I might add that I do daycare out of my home; which she doesn't like I am sure; but the woman is threghtening me and my job. It is going for me to be very hard because I am tired of being picked on by this adult bully. We teach our kids to stand up for themselves; but as an adult, I am just supposed to keep my mouth shut and take it? When her daughter got hit by a car, my son tried to give her things and she took it, but then treated him like crap again. They are always making fun of him.

Update:

Okay, I have notified my landlord and picked up the police reports. I am going to try my best to wait till my lease is up to move. I have filled a civil restraining order and need to take it to the courts. I have copies of all the polic reports as well. I am sure though, if I file retaliation of some kind will be done to me; that is my only fear. However, on the basis she may try to file on me first; I should probably file. I have horrible credit and not a lot of money, so, ticking off my landlord IS NOT the best interest.  I also have really poor neighbors and make sure the kids get to school everyday because they are without a car. I actually, lol, put together a list of pro's and con's and discussed it with all family members. The soonest I could move is June 1st, however this means breaking my lease. I will have a lot more money but will probably have to pay my landlord to get out of the lease. I am not breaking my lease by that much, as it expires in September.  But, if I find someone to move in, I think I will be better off. If I wait till september though, I will probably have less money and it means more conflicts and possibly someone getting arressted. But, I could use my landlord as a reference and obtain a better place to live. My family owns a home 5 doors up and I moved her because of this. My nephew was born with problems and needed surgery at 2 weeks old. I moved from out of state to her and want to move back out of state. I have people working to help me find a place, but it is hard to do so. As I am looking in Central FL and all of them are management companies. How can I explain this?

I also have a 7 year "get out of debt" plan so I can get into a nicer home. My son receives excellent services, but, I know we are better off in Central FL. We where much happier and did a lot more. I cannot decide if that is truly it or if I am in denial. I cannot see staying around here, because I hate the weather. I had plans on staying, renting this home until my son gets out of school, then taking all my savings and purchasing a home / condo in central FL.

What would you do?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 18% - File a restraining order?
  2. 45% - Move as quickly as possible, even if it means breaking the lease.
  3. 9% - Stay, it is your home!
  4. 9% - Wait till your lease is up and move
  5. 9% - avoid her at all costs?
  6. 9% - Something else.

Replies

• Mandy575
    March 6, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I have been in that situation. It got bad in our case we lived with it for 3 years. It was so bad the cops knew our addresses by heart. And it wasn't from me calling unless it was really bad. I have a temper as well but I was the calm one as much as I could be. PM me and we can chat.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    March 6, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I would avoid her at all cost and then move when your lease is up.. Its not worth the stress if you are renting..

• PinkButterfly66
    March 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Get a video camera to film out the window into your yard so you have proof next time.

• LuckyMom822
    March 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I was going to say this. And move asap. If its a rental, it's not worth the hassle. Also, get a copy of all the police reports and give a copy to the landlord as reason why you're breaking the lease.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Get a video camera to film out the window into your yard so you have proof next time.

• bamababe1975
    March 7, 2013 at 11:49 AM

I agree with both of these members. Good luck to you, OP!! ((HUGS))

Quoting LuckyMom822:

I was going to say this. And move asap. If its a rental, it's not worth the hassle. Also, get a copy of all the police reports and give a copy to the landlord as reason why you're breaking the lease.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Love Giving Advice? Join Our Advice Squad!

• LilyPondOasis
    March 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM

I would let your leasing office or property managers know.

Tell them you are doing yourbest to handle the situation but if you have seniority over them living there longer, bring this up saying you do not want to break your lease or leave because you are being bullied by an 'adult' whom is not being a good resident and you will not stoop to her level of behavior or her childrens.

Hope this gets resolved soon -- Good luck. 

• stargaze281
    March 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM

That's  for sure a psycho neighbor! You got no peace living in that house! Move out asap. You cant win with that kind of person/neighbor. Sometimes the person that wins is the person that walks away. I'msorry you moved to a crazy neighborhood. Best idea for you would be to walk away and find a new place to live. 

• momofsixangels
    March 7, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Great answer!

• NewMom11222011
    March 8, 2013 at 10:56 AM

I feel your pain.  My husband is the nicest, meekest, quietest man you'd ever meet unless he gets angry with something that happens to him like barking his knuckles when he's working on the car with a wrench.  No one getting in his face even riles him up.  He teaches 8th grade chemistry in a very entitled district where Little Johnny and Susie NEVER do anything wrong and he holds his temper with people all day, every day.

The nutjob who lives in the house behind us (and, unfortunately, shares the driveway and has a right of way through our postage stamp sized back yard accosted him one day and accused DH of putting dog poop on the neighbor's front steps.  We don't have a dog, but they do, so the nutjob's presumption was that the dog (which they've said they will leash, but never have) pooped on our property and DH scooped it up and put it on their property.  Nutjob even threatened to call my husband's school and make up accusations about improprieties so DH would get FIRED!

We have walked on eggshells for years and they got served with foreclosure papers several months ago so we're just holding our breath until they get evicted.

Hang in there and do whatever you can to make the best of the situation for as long as you have to endure it.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN