The Cafe

Cafe Amanda
So the next time I complain about my house being too small...
January 31, 2013 at 8:39 AM

I'm going to re-read this article about families living in tiny houses and remind myself that it's not that I don't have enough space, it's that I have too much stuff! :P

How big is your house? Do you think you could live in a home that was 500 square feet or 300 square feet or even less? Feel free to post pics too!

Replies

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    No, I couldn't. Our house is 5000 square feet.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 8:49 AM

well we are currently a family of four in one bedroom apt. so yes.

• Mrs.KV
    by Mrs.KV
    January 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM

We lived in our camper for 6 months while our house was being built.... so yes, if we had to we could.

• Mommy4two
    January 31, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Could I, if I absolutely had to I'm sure it'd be a roof over my head... would I go insane and possibly commit murder that's a good possibility lol... 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I mean, if you HAD to then yes.  But would I want to?  No.

I am a firm believer in personal space.  I have 3 kids, a hubby, 2 dogs and 2 cats.  I think it would be very difficult to share a 300-500 sq ft house.  Def would add a ton of stress and a lot more fighting/arguing.

• Luvmybooskies
    January 31, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Wow! Our house is 1,000 square feet and I feel like I live in a box lol. It doesn't help that our previous home was more then double, so it's been a big adjustment. However, now we own and it's in a much better condition then the place we rented, so for us it was well worth the down size. Once we have our basement finished and the kids have their play room, things will only get better ;)

• okijet
    by okijet
    January 31, 2013 at 8:58 AM

We have a 3 br apt, and thankful for all the doors in each room.  Rms are very tiny. but.have.doors.

• cupcake_mom
    January 31, 2013 at 9:00 AM
    as long as i was with my family i could live in a card board box.
  • Lorelai
    by Lorelai
    January 31, 2013 at 9:03 AM

I guess I could... but where would I put all my books?!?!

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 31, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Not for long. Our house is 4700 sqft.

The Cafe