Featured Posts
Anonymous
I thought this was so sweet
by Anonymous
January 28, 2013 at 5:42 PM

This blog owner has set up a "flash mob" of sorts to encourage a young man who is trying to help his Dad.  She set up a Facebook Event Page about it:

• Wednesday, January 30, 2013
    • 4:30pm in CST
  • McDonald's 1055 Sherrylynn Blvd, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327
  • Here is the post that started it all: http://www.myhusbandateallmyicecream.com/2013/01/help-craigslist-kyle-be-kid.html

PLEASE READ ALL THE DETAILS:

Please invite your friends to this event!

Our goal is to raise $500 to help him and his Dad get by for a bit, and then to secure him with a job so that he doesn't have to go the dangerous route of soliciting side jobs from strangers on craigslist.

On Wednesday 1/30 at 4:30 PM CST, I've arranged to meet him for a 'job interview' for work I need done. While we are there, I'm going to present him with the money we've raised, and I'm hoping, by then, to have heard back from a few local places that would offer a job interview to him.

I'd like as many people to be there as possible, so that he can see what a great kid he is for trying to step up to the plate to help his Dad out in their time of need, even though he should be worrying about just being a kid right now.

The Flash Mob part of this requires no dancing. After I'm done talking to him for a bit, and after he's done eating, I'm going to clue him in to the fact that I actually don't have any work for him, but that I am proud of him, and tell him that lots of people are very proud of him. At that point, everyone there for the flash mob can give him a round of applause, and come up and tell them how incredible of a kid he is.

Replies

• sugarandstones
    January 28, 2013 at 6:54 PM
    It may break his heart.. sweet won't pay the bills. Maybe speak with a few companies that can give him work.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 28, 2013 at 11:02 PM

She will be handing him a check for almost $500 as well as hopefully a few interview opportunities with local companies during the event.

Quoting sugarandstones:

It may break his heart.. sweet won't pay the bills. Maybe speak with a few companies that can give him work.

• ColieO
    by ColieO
    January 28, 2013 at 11:04 PM
    The link doesn't work.
  • 2kids19yrsapart
    January 29, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Please keep us updated on this!!

• AdryF
    by AdryF
    January 29, 2013 at 12:20 AM
    Awww I hope they can help him get a job!
  • 2kids19yrsapart
    January 30, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Any updates on this?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    January 30, 2013 at 4:55 PM

According to the site on the link, they had to reschedule to tomorrow because of weather.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts