Featured Posts
LittlePistol87
Opinions wanted on my home arrangements.
January 28, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Okay so my husband and I own our house. We purchased it as a foreclosure for dirt cheap and have fixed it up through out the last two years.(it didn't need very much just cosmetic things)  It's coming along very nicely and I can see us living here forever I mean we did get a stellar deal on it with a really low mortgage!

Here's the issue. When we bought this house we only had one kid. Now we have two. This is a four bedroom house but the fourth bedroom is on the first floor and the master and two kids rooms are on the third floor. The fourth bedroom has its own bathroom which is really cool, but the bad is it has a door to the backyard. (No fence yet)Dh and I really want a third baby. We both come from big families and we really love the idea of being a family of five. Our son is 4 and our daughter is 8 months. If we have another baby we have been considering moving Ds to the fourth bedroom. It's just that door down there worries me. He's a very well behaved kid but I'm worried after a few nights he will get to scared, or he will sneak out as a teenager. I know some of you are all about letting kids share a room but I had to share a room with my sister and I hated it because she was always stealing my clothes and ruining them or giving them to her friends also I don't co-sleep with my kids. My kids slept in a bassinet in my room until five months then I put them in there own rooms. So I don't want the baby to wake the kids during the night.  

So what would you suggest? Would you trust a 5 or 6 yr old (he will be between that age) to sleep down there alone? Or just suck it up and let them share? Or would you just move into a bigger house? 

Replies

• LittlePistol87
    January 28, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Sorry for any misspellings of the correct words I'm not perfect and neither is spell check. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM

You can put a lock on it where he can't get out or use that door . I don't mean lock him in his room , just lock the one that goes outside lol . 

• kitty8199
    January 28, 2013 at 11:18 AM
    Its let them share until he was older. Or put latches on the door too high for him to reach
  • stacey1103
    January 28, 2013 at 11:19 AM
    I would make the downstairs the master. I wouldn't be comfortable having a child on the first floor alone. Doesn't seem safe to me- what if there was a fire or someone tried to break in.
  • LittlePistol87
    January 28, 2013 at 11:21 AM

Latches are a good idea. Thanks! 

• LittlePistol87
    January 28, 2013 at 11:24 AM

My Dh suggested that but our bedroom furniture wouldn't fit in there very well and the bathroom is perfect for a kid not two adults. The fire  and break in are defiantly so etching to consider. Thanks. 

Quoting stacey1103:

I would make the downstairs the master. I wouldn't be comfortable having a child on the first floor alone. Doesn't seem safe to me- what if there was a fire or someone tried to break in.

• numbr1wmn
    January 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I would make the first floor the master as well. 

• Sisteract
    January 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I would bunk up 2 kids in 1 room, upstairs.

I had this exact set up in a previous home, but we only had 1 daughter and 1 son-

• LittlePistol87
    January 28, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Thanks I may end up putting the baby in with one of the kids if its a boy ill have to get my son a twin size bed so I can fit a crib in his room. 

Quoting Sisteract:

I would bunk up 2 kids in 1 room, upstairs.

I had this exact set up in a previous home, but we only had 1 daughter and 1 son-

• zinniadaisy
    January 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I'd say get different furniture so that the 2 kids can share a room and then baby would have a nursery all on the same floor as your bedroom - then  the dnstrs bedroom can be for guests

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts