The Cafe

Featured Posts
Anonymous
IVF abroad
by Anonymous
January 25, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Has anyone here gone to another country to do IVF?  We've tried it here in the states but it's so expensive.  Loooking into programs in European countries because it's half the cost even with the trip but, would like to know what someone elses experiences have been.

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    January 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM

http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/2020176187-ivf-vacations-traveling-abroad-ivf.html

This is a forum where people talk about this. 

• k1kelley
    January 25, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I was lucky enough for it to work here, but good luck!

• hypnautica
    January 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I have thought about it. Even though a lot of countries are as good as the clinics here it still freaks me out some. I will be starting IVF again soon and this will be my 3rd try but with a new clinic. What places have you tried here in the US?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 26, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Stay in the US. It should not be about the money.  There are bigger issues to consider.

• kailu1835
    January 26, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Despite what some would love for you to believe, sometimes other countries' doctors are much better than ours, and have treatments that are far better than ours.  So I'd ask... what country are you considering?

• britishmummy
    January 26, 2013 at 3:07 AM

IVF shouldn't be based on the money. I grew up in the UK, at 12 my parents started IVF in London and conceived by the time I was 13, I am pretty sure IVF is expensive everywhere (If it is a good clinic anyway)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 26, 2013 at 3:30 AM

What do you consider expensive? Do you not have insurance? If you can't afford to produce a child how can you support one? 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 26, 2013 at 5:07 AM

There is a reason that it is cheaper in Europe...I don't know where you are looking, but the experiences I have had with German healthcare is HORRIBLE...

• moneysaver6
    January 26, 2013 at 5:10 AM
    I don't know of any insurance that covers IVF.

Quoting Anonymous:

What do you consider expensive? Do you not have insurance? If you can't afford to produce a child how can you support one? 

• GirlWithANikon
    January 26, 2013 at 6:09 AM

I just googled and they seem to start at low cost clinics upwards of 5grand but its income based. I am not looking into ivf but I don't have that laying around especially if the first 2 times fail. However my kids live in a nice 3 br home, we all are insured, eat well, have a nice car,have no state aid, name brand shoes, a savings, Ect Ect. Some people can afford and raise great kids but not be bill gates in the finance area. That's ok. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts