The Cafe

clp0930
The word caucasian bugs me *update in red*
by clp0930
January 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Do you or the person you're referring to speak: Georgian, Armenian, Adyghe, Azeri or any other Caucasian languages?

Do you realize Middle Easterners and South Asians are also caucasoid not just Europeans?

If you are using Caucasian to mean white you are using the word wrong.

My father and I are caucasians.

Thank you for your interest. I will admit (and have admitted) this post was slightly trollish. I agree my above argument was ridiclous (though not more ridiculous than many things posted on cm). It was very interesting to read your responses regarding race, culture, etc...

I hope I was nice to everyone I replied to, It was not my intent to be mean to anyone, even though it's cafemom I actually do try to be respectful. I succeed 98% of the time. :)

Replies

• clp0930
    by clp0930
    January 24, 2013 at 5:36 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize that not all Hispanics are Mexican, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

well, asians are whitish yellow... so they are closer to white than mexicans

lol, a post pointing out how each country has its own unique people/food/culture would have turned into a small book

• kailu1835
    January 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

I always thought it was to reference a certain type of feature, such as mongoloid.  Encompasses many different nationalities, but with certain types of features in common.

• kailu1835
    January 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM

You realize that people living in India are asian, as well as half of Russia, right?  Not all asians are mongoloids.

Quoting Anonymous:

• clp0930
    by clp0930
    January 24, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Quoting kailu1835:

I always thought it was to reference a certain type of feature, such as mongoloid.  Encompasses many different nationalities, but with certain types of features in common.

True. I was just bored yesterday and wanted to start a debate. Also I remember  a racist person once saying 'why can't blacks give their kids caucasian names?" I really wanted to ask if they meant caucasian like Mary and Joe or Caucasian like Irakli and Zemfira.

In fairness I have openly admitted that I was trolling to spark the debate and I did not go anonymous. :)

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 5:47 PM

did you think maybe i was just talking about mexicans?

Quoting Anonymous:

You do realize that not all Hispanics are Mexican, right?

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

i didnt say they were. i said ASIANS...

Quoting kailu1835:

You realize that people living in India are asian, as well as half of Russia, right?  Not all asians are mongoloids.

Quoting Anonymous:

• kailu1835
    January 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

But you said that asians are whitish yellow.  You're incorrect.  Asians from one of the mongoloid races may be, but Indians are not whitish yellow, Russians certainly aren't, etc.  You're lumping all Asians under one race type.  Asian isn't a race, it's a group of people living in the same continent.

Quoting Anonymous:

i didnt say they were. i said ASIANS...

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting Anonymous:

• PartyGalAnne
    January 24, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Need a pot to stir, hon?

Go cook some spaghetti. Not biting.

• averysmommom
    January 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM

That's an odd peeve lol...but I can feel ya on it. I always feel weird checking that box on paper

• emeraldangel2.0
    January 25, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Quoting clp0930:

Quoting herrrrroi:

silly

Perhaps, but I've heard much dumber pet peeves on cm.

no, this is certainly one of the dumbest. top 5 at least

The Cafe