The Cafe

Featured Posts
clp0930
The word caucasian bugs me *update in red*
by clp0930
January 23, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Do you or the person you're referring to speak: Georgian, Armenian, Adyghe, Azeri or any other Caucasian languages?

Do you realize Middle Easterners and South Asians are also caucasoid not just Europeans?

If you are using Caucasian to mean white you are using the word wrong.

My father and I are caucasians.

Thank you for your interest. I will admit (and have admitted) this post was slightly trollish. I agree my above argument was ridiclous (though not more ridiculous than many things posted on cm). It was very interesting to read your responses regarding race, culture, etc...

I hope I was nice to everyone I replied to, It was not my intent to be mean to anyone, even though it's cafemom I actually do try to be respectful. I succeed 98% of the time. :)

Replies

• numbr1wmn
    January 25, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I am american!

• lostosbourne
    January 25, 2013 at 10:03 AM

If you are born and raised in the USA then you are a Native American. Just like if youre born and raised in Ohio or IL or California you are a native to those states. Or if you're born and raised in Europe youre a Native European. Just like there are different kinds of Indians. There are American Indians and Asian Indians. So I guess its just a matter of what youve grown up hearing?? And all this political correctness is getting annoying. 

• GaleJ
    by GaleJ
    January 25, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Okay I don't necessarily think it's the best use often when I see it on forms and such. Just recently I have started to notice a designation that is new to me, European-American, which is in some ways better. Personally I look forward to the day when the only box to check is "human race" and hope it will arrive soon. 

• supercarp
    January 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

You speciesist! What box will the pigs and horses check?

Quoting GaleJ:

Okay I don't necessarily think it's the best use often when I see it on forms and such. Just recently I have started to notice a designation that is new to me, European-American, which is in some ways better. Personally I look forward to the day when the only box to check is "human race" and hope it will arrive soon. 

• EarlGrayHot
    January 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM

In my experience, every time someone gripes about all the political correctness it's usually  because they want to find an excuse for their offensive speech or actions.  Political Correctness was what Communist totolitarian regimes insisted their captive populace adhere to. 

As for "Caucasion, it refers to an old idea of where the "better" race of white people came from-the Caucasus Mountains and parts of Europe, Asia, etc.  The guy who thought this up was clearly a racist and no one, except Arryan racist idiots thinks that anymore.  However, the term stuck and is stil used just to denote fair skinned peoples.

• clp0930
    by clp0930
    January 25, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Quoting EarlGrayHot:

In my experience, every time someone gripes about all the political correctness it's usually  because they want to find an excuse for their offensive speech or actions.  Political Correctness was what Communist totolitarian regimes insisted their captive populace adhere to. 

As for "Caucasion, it refers to an old idea of where the "better" race of white people came from-the Caucasus Mountains and parts of Europe, Asia, etc.  The guy who thought this up was clearly a racist and no one, except Arryan racist idiots thinks that anymore.  However, the term stuck and is stil used just to denote fair skinned peoples.

lol, the post is actually about how stupid political correctness is

None of my responses have been serious :)

• kitty8199
    January 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM
    not all Asians are whitish yellow. Some Asians are very dark. Middle easterners are Asian

Quoting Anonymous:

i didnt say they were. i said ASIANS...

Quoting kailu1835:

You realize that people living in India are asian, as well as half of Russia, right?  Not all asians are mongoloids.

Quoting Anonymous:

well, asians are whitish yellow... so they are closer to white than mexicans

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 25, 2013 at 1:37 PM
    Well I was talking about the whitish yellow ones.

Quoting kitty8199:

not all Asians are whitish yellow. Some Asians are very dark. Middle easterners are Asian

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kailu1835:

You realize that people living in India are asian, as well as half of Russia, right?  Not all asians are mongoloids.

Quoting Anonymous:

• kitty8199
    January 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    Ok, well Asia isn't a race. It's a continent.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I was talking about the whitish yellow ones.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting kailu1835:

Quoting Anonymous:

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts