The Cafe

norahsmommy
If your front door didn't open when came home..
January 23, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Would you
A. Try unlocking the deadbolt
B. knock to have your spouse let you in
C throw your shoulder into the door.

Apparently the answer is c. Smh. Dh took the girls to school this morning and I locked te door behind him as I ALWAYS do. When he got back he twisted the nob which was unlocked and I walked over to open the door. He then burst through the door and as he did that the trim popped off and flew across the room as did a large piece of the door frame.

Fun.

I have no idea what he was thinking. The door can't lock now and he said he has no plans to fix it today. I am mostly mad about that part. Yes it's a time consuming fix but dang it the door doesn't lock!

Replies

• WifeMomStudent
    January 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    Geez was he having a bad day? I'm
    Sure he'll fix it once he's finish throw his temper tantrum.
  • norahsmommy
    January 23, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    He seems fine. He's not mad and wasn't this morning either. I have no idea why he threw his shoulder into the door instead of just trying the deadbolt.

Quoting WifeMomStudent:

Geez was he having a bad day? I'm

Sure he'll fix it once he's finish throw his temper tantrum.

• heartnhidin
    January 23, 2013 at 8:35 AM
    Men. That would annoy me that he wouldn't fix it, at least try to mickey mouse it until he can get to the store.
  • norahsmommy
    January 23, 2013 at 8:55 AM
    I'll Mickey Mouse it until it gets fix. I'm really freaked out by how easy it was to break in to this house.

Quoting heartnhidin:

Men. That would annoy me that he wouldn't fix it, at least try to mickey mouse it until he can get to the store.

• LaughingTattoo
    January 23, 2013 at 8:57 AM

lmao....I would have been rolling with laughter

• norahsmommy
    January 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    It stopped being funny when he said he wasn't fixing it today. Before that it was kind of funny.

Quoting LaughingTattoo:

lmao....I would have been rolling with laughter

• PinkParadox
    January 23, 2013 at 9:39 AM

B

• Des10ed2b
    January 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM

my husband did that once way back when we were dating and i locked myself in the bathroom to try to get some alone time (big big big fight and i just wanted to be alone). He slammed his elbow into the door. ripped the trim off, it went flying, door had a big hole in it. It was ridiculous. 

• heartnhidin
    January 23, 2013 at 9:51 AM
    Yeah that would make me uneasy.

Quoting norahsmommy:

I'll Mickey Mouse it until it gets fix. I'm really freaked out by how easy it was to break in to this house.

Quoting heartnhidin:

• luckypanda87
    January 23, 2013 at 11:35 AM
    That's something my husband would do! And take forever to fix it as well :( maybe you should look online how to do it? Might upset him that you fixed it when it was his responsibility, but then again maybe not.

The Cafe