The Cafe

Featured Posts
caitipenn
Are you kidding me?
January 14, 2013 at 11:44 PM

So my hubby and I are sitting here watching tv im on my computer and bil who is 7 and lived her for almost 5 months is getting really loud with his legos i asked him to be quiet a little as it is settle down time.  I then had to ask him again and then again for the third time.  I said his name and said please be quiet this is my third time asking.  I wasnt yelling or angry just said it normal he then looks at me and say YOU!  Umm Excuse me?? PISSED ME OFF.  Especially since we have just been sitting here. I said WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY TO ME?  DID YOU JUST SAY YOU?  he said yes so i put him on timeout and told him you do not talk to adult like that.  I looked at my hubby and was like r u serious he never talks to me like that what the hell got into him my husband says IDK  BUT AT LEAST HE DIDNT LIE ABOUT WHAT HE SAID..umm okay that still doesnt make it okay.  I tell lil one that he need to take a 15 min bath and its back on time out til bed time  5-10 more minutes.  He gets out of the bath and my husband asks if he drained that tub he says yea you can look.  In a SNOTTY way.  I didnt even hear him say yea all i head was you can look.  even if he did say yes.  doesnt matter still snotty still rude.  He rarely talks to us this way. And I am stern on how you talk to adults parents or whoever.  My husband then starts defending him AGAIN.  Well he said yes then said go look.  Im like are you kidding me?  He is being a lil brat.  Quit defending him.  Now he keeps glaring at me.  I dont know where he learned this crap but he better knock it off fast!

Replies

• rbailey2414
    January 14, 2013 at 11:47 PM
    He's a child learning his boundaries. Just reinforce respect to him. Raising children is not an easy task :)
  • caitipenn
    January 14, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Quoting rbailey2414:

He's a child learning his boundaries. Just reinforce respect to him. Raising children is not an easy task :)

plus he isnt even ours.  Now that he is asleep maybe i was a lil to stern ive had a rough day and with taking care of him now we are super low on money, my job sucked today i had one of my fav residents pass and the other one will be gone probably by friday.  Its just frusterating.  I know he learns some of it from this one kid at his daycare he is snotty too his parents are going through a divorce. 

• Mafrierye
    January 15, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    I'm sensing anger and resentment especially when you say "he isn't even ours". Not one loving remark in your rant. For Christ's sake, remember he's a child.
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    January 15, 2013 at 6:45 AM
    I agree with Mafrierye. And add: you came off like a bitcy (not) mom...

Quoting Mafrierye:

I'm sensing anger and resentment especially when you say "he isn't even ours". Not one loving remark in your rant. For Christ's sake, remember he's a child.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 15, 2013 at 6:49 AM
    Theres a reason he having issues you or dh need to spend some 1on1 time to get to the bottom of the issues. Maybe hes missing his bio parents.
  • Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 15, 2013 at 6:50 AM
    Hes 7 get off your computer and turn off the tv and give him some family support, sit on the floor and play with the boy.
  • MaddiesMama09
    January 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    I was gonna say this too. Kids are sassy sometimes. Maybe he's acting out because he's made to feel like he's an outsider there. And he's not getting the attention that all children need. Especially at that age! I understand being frustrated but instead of being so whiny about it, why don't you use this as an opportunity to bond with him and make him feel that he's wanted.

Quoting Anonymous:

Hes 7 get off your computer and turn off the tv and give him some family support, sit on the floor and play with the boy.
  • Rhonda142
    January 15, 2013 at 8:17 AM

He is testing you both. And being away from his parents probably bothering him.. I am sure he needs a lil extra attention he is obviously asking for it just not maybe in the right way some kids just don't know the right way. 

• Tiny.Gypsy
    January 15, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Whos is he?

Quoting caitipenn:

Quoting rbailey2414:

plus he isnt even ours.  Now that he is asleep maybe i was a lil to stern ive had a rough day and with taking care of him now we are super low on money, my job sucked today i had one of my fav residents pass and the other one will be gone probably by friday.  Its just frusterating.  I know he learns some of it from this one kid at his daycare he is snotty too his parents are going through a divorce. 

• wissotamum
    January 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM

He's 7.  They act like that sometimes.  He's your brother in law? 

I'd give a time out for cursing.  But then, I'd follow it up with spending a little extra time with you.  If he's having a tough time missing parents, he might need a little extra nurturing from you.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts