Featured Posts
Anonymous
These numbers are starting to scare me
by Anonymous
January 9, 2013 at 10:21 PM
Yup...going to start some drama but oh well. I decided not to do flu shots this year. I have in the past, but decided to take the risk this year cuz i have heard horrible things about the shot. I also heard that the strain going around isnt even covered by the vaccine.

So far none of my kids even show signs of a cold let alone flu, but i just heard there have been 18 deaths in my state alone. I'm really starting to get concerned and debating if i should rush them all to the dr. for their shots. I really dont want to give it to them but these numbers are alarming!

My kids are good hand washers and take vitamins. I know that doesnt fully protect them but hoping it helps.

Replies

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    Wrong, the strain of flu matches the shot to a tee. The flu is worse this year than in the past too.
  • Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    January 10, 2013 at 9:27 AM
    If you do get the flu shot, keep in mind it can take up to 2 weeks before it works fully. Ive heard that from several dr offices..

Ps. My family did not get the flu shot we are good as of right now.. My mom and her office all got the flu shot, all are sick..

• Lorelai
    by Lorelai
    January 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM

We never get the flu shot. We load up on vitamins and immune boosters and disinfect everything in the house and wash our hands like it's going out of style though.

It's scarey either way. You just have to do what you think is best for your family

• Anonymous 4
    by Anonymous 4
    January 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM
    We don't vaccinate. My 4 have the flu. No big deal.
  • Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Average success rate is less than 59%, according to health officials.

But I guess that is matching to a "tee"?

Quoting Anonymous:

Wrong, the strain of flu matches the shot to a tee. The flu is worse this year than in the past too.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    January 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    If you do get the flu it is less of severity. Google it and the strain and the shot do match. It has been all over the news.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• Anonymous 5
    by Anonymous 5
    January 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM

I am weary to always believe what they say, or have been told to say, by the CDC.

The strain of flu is constantly changing.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you do get the flu it is less of severity. Google it and the strain and the shot do match. It has been all over the news.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

• loisl25
    by loisl25
    January 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM

There is a lot of unwarrented fear mongering associated with immunizations in general these days. If everyone had gotten the flu shot, there would not be such a terrible outbreak this year. It would instead be all over the news how this is the mildest flu season ever.

I also want to provide some links to some informative sites for the MANY misinformed people out there. People die from the flu unnecesarilly every year, so in this case misinformation KILLS, and spreading myths can kill.

http://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/qa/flushot.htm

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/2011/09/13/6-common-misconceptions-about-the-flu-and-flu-shots/

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/flu-shot-myths-busted-195300844.html

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/flu-vaccine-myths-busted/story?id=18223652

To summarize for those that do not want to click on any of the links, Below are the truths, not the myths.

1. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get the flu from the vaccine, becasue the virus in the shot is inactive and dead. The people who say that they got the flu from the shot either got exposed to it before the shot was fully effective, (it takes up to two weeks), and may even have already been incubating the virus when they got the shot, or they mistake the mild muscle aches and slight fever that a few can sometimes get as side effects for the flu.

2. The flu shot will not harm you and does not contain murcury.

• Anonymous 6
    by Anonymous 6
    January 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't know, I'm the only one who got the flu shot and we all got the flu, I was much much sicker than anyone else, I had to be hospitalized

• Anonymous 7
    by Anonymous 7
    January 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM

The one year I didn't get the vax, I got the flu. I usually get vax'd every year and I have never had the flu. I just haven't made it into the doctor to get it.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN