The Cafe

Featured Posts
Jademarae24
I need help. I'm terrified of my own son.
December 31, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Last night, my son had just gotten home from being at his dads for a week. He was screaming and crying cause he wanted to stay with his dad. I had to hold him untill his father walked out. And then he went crazy.

I have never seen this look on my son before. It looked like he seriously wanted to kill me.

He attacked me. I know it sounds crazy to say I was scared of my own 3 year old son, but I was. he was ripping every toy out, throwing shoes at me, one shoe hit me right in the nose and I have a giant bump and bruise from it. He bit my hand so hard it left a bruise as well, and he bit my stomache and ripped a chunk out. I was balling my eyes out and at that point I went to hid in my bathroom because I was scared of him...

I dont even know who that person was... that cant be my son. he was puynching and biting himself as well.

I know he needs help but I dont know where to start. I dont have insurance at the moment, and I dont see how A doctor could help.... but after last night, I am for sure he needs it... after an hour, its like he snapped out of it and turned into a different person. He was laughing and smiling and giving me kisses... A complete 360..... Im just lost

This is his wrist from biting it so hard^

and this is my stomache where he bit a chunck out....

Replies

• BL2010
    by BL2010
    December 31, 2012 at 4:05 PM

What does he do at his father's? You need to get him in to the pediatrician and explain what's going on.

• Titana
    by Titana
    December 31, 2012 at 4:36 PM
    A pediatrician can direct u to the right doctor if u r honest with him about what s happening.

I'm sorry u r going through this. I can only imagine how scary that was for u and for ur son. I hope u r able to get him the help he needs asap.
  • Leissaintexas
    December 31, 2012 at 4:37 PM

This is going to sound completely off-topic, but did he eat right after this fit? When my ds was young, he would become completely irrational and violent, until he had a snack. His blood-sugar would get too low and he would get seriously volatile. Other than that, I have no idea what your next move would be. He's never done this before?

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 31, 2012 at 7:26 PM

Sounds like some kind of drug rage to me.  Not saying your ex is a drug user, or keeps drugs around, but he could have given your son something and it had an adverse affect on him.  Or your son could have found some medicine laying around and took some.

• MotherOF5Cuties
    December 31, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    After he calmed doen did you asking what was wrong,why he acted the way he did?
  • smartmommy1050
    December 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM
    Call your school district and have him evaluated. There are high risk preschools where he can receive therapy etc. it is income based so you may even get free help.
  • Eve-marie
    January 1, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Talk to the pediatrician about giving him Benadryl, and let his father give him a dose before he brings him home. He will at least be sleepy. For when he wakes up have a fruit snack and a fun activity for him to engage in so he gets into a good mood. Also you need to build in him a respect for you. Good luck

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 1, 2013 at 8:09 AM
    Who has custody ? And why is your ex not providing insurance
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 1, 2013 at 8:11 AM
    Also I recommend the bear hug when he gets like this . Or removing everything from his room but his bed and placing him in there . Shut the door and sit outside tell he calms down .
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    January 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM
    I would have taken him right to the er.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts