Featured Posts
starr377
how do you feel about people driving by to see your christmas lights?
December 26, 2012 at 11:57 AM

last night we decided to take a drive to see christmas lights put up in neighborhoods in the surrounding towns.

my husband offered to drive but wouldn't slow down for very long, especially in this very rich part of town, but most of the homes were decorated so beautifully. we wanted to enjoy looking at them.

my husbsand kept saying that he didn't want to drive slow because he wasn't sure how the homeowners would react to people who didn't live their gauking at their lights.

i say that that's the whole point of putting them up and if they didn't like people driving by to look then they shouldn't do it. he says some do it for their own personal enjoyment. i thinks the lights are calming and bring joy to a person. if i could i'd have them up all year in my own home, but if they are outside shouldn't everybody enjoy them and wouldn't it make you proud that others want to admire and enjoy them too?

do you put lights up outside and does it bother you that people drive by to see them?

Replies

• CreziaMommyTo2
    December 26, 2012 at 12:00 PM

i take it you arent from Dyker Heights Brooklyn.  the reason for lights is for people to enjoy them..

• nodramamama311
    December 26, 2012 at 12:01 PM
    If we go through all the trouble and time putting up lights and decorations on our house, people better look at them...lol
  • MotherOF5Cuties
    December 26, 2012 at 12:04 PM

If I had lights up I wouldnt mind if people looked lol

• JTROX
    by JTROX
    December 26, 2012 at 12:06 PM

I love driving around looking at Christmas lights.  

• SLGross215

We put them up FOR people to look at :) I'd think nothing of someone slowing down outside my home to check them out.

• Rhyinns.Mommy

here theres horse back rides and hay rides through neighborhoods just to look at lights! Id say slowing down wouldnt hurt anyone, it would be a complement. :)

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    December 26, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    That is why they are there for. To look at.
  • NikiOcasio
    December 26, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Thats the whole point of lights outside. lol

• Aivlys_
    by Aivlys_
    December 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM
    We put them up, to show them off! :)
  • thatgirl70
    December 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM

We haven't put any lights up outside, but I agree with you. If you put up lights, especially if you deliberately do an elaborate design, you should expect people to gawk!

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN