The Cafe

Anonymous
losing weight after a c-section?
by Anonymous
December 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM
I'm 8 weeks pp after having an emergency c-section. I'm able to get around pretty well now but still a bit sensitive around the incision. I want to lose about 35 lbs to get back to my pre-baby weight. I'm scared to do anything like sit-ups or harsh exercises though. I'm also breastfeeding so cutting calories is not an option. any suggestions for getting back in shape? what did you do?

Replies

• mamalusbear
    December 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM

For the first six weeks I just took walks with the baby....also eating healthy.  After six weeks I got the clear from my OB to excercise again....the elliptical was great and helped me take off the rest of the baby weight.  

• fraujones
    December 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Be patient with yourself. It took 9 months to put on the weight. Breastfeeding really helps. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I would stick with walking right now. Any movement burns calories. The faster the movement, the more calories burnt.

• gonecrazi
    December 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM

you need to check with your dr to get cleared. in the meantime you could walk, if it's not too cold where you live. 

• ReadWriteLuv
    December 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

It took me 2 years post emergency c-section to even start losing weight, then it came off really quickly. I went off of birth control because I realized the hormone factor was not enabling me to lose anything. That, combined with the South Beach diet and I lost 20 pounds in 4 months that had previously refused to budge no matter how hard I exercized or how I ate.

• crazymommy2007
    December 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Start walking and go get the okay from your dr to do other stuff.  Good luck!

• angelene79
    December 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    I had a c-section a year ago and have lost 40 pounds. I did the 24 day challenge with advocare. They have one for breast feeding Mom's as well. It also have me a ton of energy I didn't have before. Eating healthy I'd number one. Good luck :-)
  • Jrogillio
    December 11, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    Walk
  • kailu1835
    December 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM

It has taken me longer to lose weight after my ceserean than it did with both of my vaginal births.

The Cafe