The Cafe

Featured Posts
Anonymous
losing weight after a c-section?
by Anonymous
December 11, 2012 at 12:27 PM
I'm 8 weeks pp after having an emergency c-section. I'm able to get around pretty well now but still a bit sensitive around the incision. I want to lose about 35 lbs to get back to my pre-baby weight. I'm scared to do anything like sit-ups or harsh exercises though. I'm also breastfeeding so cutting calories is not an option. any suggestions for getting back in shape? what did you do?

Replies

• mamalusbear
    December 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM

For the first six weeks I just took walks with the baby....also eating healthy.  After six weeks I got the clear from my OB to excercise again....the elliptical was great and helped me take off the rest of the baby weight.  

• fraujones
    December 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Be patient with yourself. It took 9 months to put on the weight. Breastfeeding really helps. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    December 11, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I would stick with walking right now. Any movement burns calories. The faster the movement, the more calories burnt.

• gonecrazi
    December 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM

you need to check with your dr to get cleared. in the meantime you could walk, if it's not too cold where you live. 

• ReadWriteLuv
    December 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

It took me 2 years post emergency c-section to even start losing weight, then it came off really quickly. I went off of birth control because I realized the hormone factor was not enabling me to lose anything. That, combined with the South Beach diet and I lost 20 pounds in 4 months that had previously refused to budge no matter how hard I exercized or how I ate.

• crazymommy2007
    December 11, 2012 at 1:48 PM

Start walking and go get the okay from your dr to do other stuff.  Good luck!

• angelene79
    December 11, 2012 at 8:10 PM
    I had a c-section a year ago and have lost 40 pounds. I did the 24 day challenge with advocare. They have one for breast feeding Mom's as well. It also have me a ton of energy I didn't have before. Eating healthy I'd number one. Good luck :-)
  • Jrogillio
    December 11, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    Walk
  • kailu1835
    December 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM

It has taken me longer to lose weight after my ceserean than it did with both of my vaginal births.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts