The Cafe

Featured Posts
vinalex0581
SAHM's are like prostitues
November 30, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I was talking to an acquaintence of mine over the phone the other day.

We discussed our work status, her and her husband work full time out of the home. I told her I'm a sahm.

She was telling me how she wished she could be a sahm but how she wouldn't feel right because sahm are like prostitues.

She said, "if you think about it, women stay home to have sex with their husbands and since they don't have jobs and their husbands pay for everything, it's like their husbands pay to have sex with them."

I didn't say anything. I just said the baby is crying so I have to go. 

I just wanted to cry. I can't believe she would say shit like that. I thought to myself, "are you for real? It stings you because you can't be a sahm so you have to knock what I do?"

Replies

• mmeredith
    November 30, 2012 at 1:23 PM

That is awful.

• justinnaimee
    November 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM
    Lol. I must be the highest paid prostitute ever!
  • kailu1835
    November 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM

What a stupid ass thing to say!!! I am a sahm of 3. I work DAMN hard, and my husband does NOT get sex on demand. Being a mom is the number one most important job in the world, and you work 24/7 with no vacation pay.

• CheesyKitty
    November 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM
    Well, babies are like drunk people; can't walk, talk, and puke all over you.

Just because there are similarities does not make the two people equal. Ignore jealous people momma.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 1:38 PM
    She is not a friend. What a total dumbass. I must be the highest paid also. I have been a sahm for 19 years now.
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 2:36 PM

by her jacked up reasoning that would make working moms "whores" because they give it away for free.

• Elyssa414
    November 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM
    Lol- I hope OP says this next time she talks to her!

Sounds like that woman is seriously insecure about her decision to go to work. Sad for her, but don't let it bring you down! :)

Quoting Anonymous:

by her jacked up reasoning that would make working moms "whores" because they give it away for free.

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 2:46 PM

truth hurt ?

you might "work hard" but if he pays everything and gives you money and u have sex with him .. then she is right 

• connie45
    November 30, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

truth hurt ?

you might "work hard" but if he pays everything and gives you money and u have sex with him .. then she is right 

Thank goodness we have insight from the Walking Dumb.

• moneysaver6
    November 30, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    Eh. Someone's obviously ignorant remark like that wouldn't bother me. That's her issue, not mine. I know the truth & my husband knows my value.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts