The Cafe

Featured Posts
LyTe684
Question (POIG)
by LyTe684
November 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM

To get a cast taken off of your foot, would an ER do that or do you have to find a private doctor/facility? How much would it cost (in your area of course, since the COL varies, I know there will be different prices)?

I've never had a broken bone, so I'm just curious.

Replies

• jerzeetomato
    November 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Our local hospital will remove stitches or take off a cast, subject to whatever your co-pay is.  Since my ER copay is 50.00, and my doctor is only 10.00, I would go to my doctor.  Normally, I think you would just have your treating physician take care of it.

• EireLass
    November 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Typically it would be your orthopedics office....as they would have put on the cast, not the hospital. When you break a bone, and go to the ER, the swelling is too much for them to put a cast on, they will usually splint it, and have you go to your orthopedic in 4-5 days, when swelling has been reduced enough to put a 'permanent' cast on.

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    November 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Ohh. I see. Thanks.

Quoting EireLass:

Typically it would be your orthopedics office....as they would have put on the cast, not the hospital. When you break a bone, and go to the ER, the swelling is too much for them to put a cast on, they will usually splint it, and have you go to your orthopedic in 4-5 days, when swelling has been reduced enough to put a 'permanent' cast on.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts