Featured Posts
LyTe684
Question (POIG)
by LyTe684
November 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM

To get a cast taken off of your foot, would an ER do that or do you have to find a private doctor/facility? How much would it cost (in your area of course, since the COL varies, I know there will be different prices)?

I've never had a broken bone, so I'm just curious.

Replies

• jerzeetomato
    November 30, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Our local hospital will remove stitches or take off a cast, subject to whatever your co-pay is.  Since my ER copay is 50.00, and my doctor is only 10.00, I would go to my doctor.  Normally, I think you would just have your treating physician take care of it.

• EireLass
    November 30, 2012 at 1:31 PM

Typically it would be your orthopedics office....as they would have put on the cast, not the hospital. When you break a bone, and go to the ER, the swelling is too much for them to put a cast on, they will usually splint it, and have you go to your orthopedic in 4-5 days, when swelling has been reduced enough to put a 'permanent' cast on.

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    November 30, 2012 at 1:33 PM

Ohh. I see. Thanks.

Quoting EireLass:

Typically it would be your orthopedics office....as they would have put on the cast, not the hospital. When you break a bone, and go to the ER, the swelling is too much for them to put a cast on, they will usually splint it, and have you go to your orthopedic in 4-5 days, when swelling has been reduced enough to put a 'permanent' cast on.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN