Featured Posts
loisl25
I wasn't good enough to marry when I was a blonde, apparently.
by loisl25
November 28, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I had always wanted to go blonde my whole life, but when I was still living with my parents they forbid it, and I got married before ever living on my own, and my xh didn't like the idea, either. So  after xh and I split up, I immediatly, FINALLY went blonde. I LOVED it! It wasn't easy, because my hair is darkish brown naturally, and it's very hard to lighten hair that many levels, in fact, we hairdressers generally don't recommend that anyone even try it, but since I am a professional hairdresser and know what I'm doing, I did it.

I kept it blonde for maybe two years. It was tough because I really had to stay on top of the roots, or they were glaringly obvious, and it was hard to do it all myself, because I couldn't see what I was doing as well as if I were doing someone else's hair, and was always afraid I would miss spots. I let a friend who I used to work with do it once, and she FRIED my hair, so the next time it needed to be done I had to use a semi- permanent and just go back to dark, (first red, then brown, because red is the undertone to brown), and keep using semi- permanent every month so as not to damage my hair too much more.

Well, the whole time I was blonde, I had no trouble finding boyfriends, but they would always eventually just stop calling one day. They wouldn't even give me the courtesy of calling to tell me they didn't want to see me anymore, they just pretended they forgot I existed. Granted, the men I dated were real, "catches", I dated a movie producer/ studio owner, a real hottie who was in the Navy and ran the Aggie's Corps of Cadets. I'm not sure what his official title or position with the Navy was, but everybody who worked with him called him, "sir"., and this other amazingly hot surfer guy who lived in our apartment complex. But I didn't want a boyfriend, I wanted someone to love me for life, and I could not seem to find that.

When I finally went back to dark, I immediately met a man who was not 'afraid of committment" and was married within the year. He does say that he likes my hair the way it is and may not have contacted me, (on the dating website we met on) if I'd still been blonde. So what do you think. Does hair color make a difference with finding love? Did I just come across as a girl to have a good time with and not to commit to as a blonde, and the girl next door who's worthy of marriage when my hair was dark again? It seems like a silly thing to make such a big difference. I still miss the blonde hair. Honestly, I think I looked prettier, and more glamorous with it blonde. I had people tell me I looked like Marilyn Monroe, and once I was at the mall and someone shouted, "Hey Barbie!" at me, lol. But dh says he likes me just like I am and doesn't want me to change a thing. This is a sucky picture, because it was taken with dd's cheap Disney camera, but it's the only blonde one I have. I am the family photographer, so very few pics are of me, lol.

Did I look better as a blonde or a brunette?
  • Only group members can vote in this poll.
  1. 28% - blonde
  2. 57% - brunette
  3. 14% - doesn't really matter either way

Replies

• danie24
    by danie24
    November 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM

I like the blonde better

• do11face
    November 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

It's hard to say since both pics aren't the greatest but going off these two I like the blond better. But you look lovely as a brunette, too.

• loisl25
    by loisl25
    November 28, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Me too! I think I look dowdy as a brunette.

Quoting danie24:

I like the blonde better

• GOBryan
    by GOBryan
    November 28, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Both look good but I think blonde suits your complexion better. 

• momto3B
    by momto3B
    November 28, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I like the blonde better, thought you are beautiful in either case. 

• momto3B
    by momto3B
    November 28, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Maybe some men just have a "fear"  of blondes. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 28, 2012 at 1:50 PM

"But I didn't want a boyfriend, I wanted someone to love me for life" From that, I assume you were batshit crazy. That's probably why they ignored you. Nobody cares that much over hair color. Light or dark, you still look the same.

• loisl25
    by loisl25
    November 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Thank you!

Quoting GOBryan:

Both look good but I think blonde suits your complexion better. 

• loisl25
    by loisl25
    November 28, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Thank you so much!

Quoting momto3B:

I like the blonde better, thought you are beautiful in either case. 

• loisl25
    by loisl25
    November 28, 2012 at 2:12 PM

I'm crazy because I prefer a long term manogomous relationship to a series of meaningless flings? Ooooookaaay.... eye rollingI'm pretty sure that just makes me not a floozy, but whatever. There's always got to be at least one person in every post that's got to get all mean and rude no matter what the post is about, and they're usually anon.

Quoting Anonymous:

"But I didn't want a boyfriend, I wanted someone to love me for life" From that, I assume you were batshit crazy. That's probably why they ignored you. Nobody cares that much over hair color. Light or dark, you still look the same.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN