Featured Posts
Keatonzmom
Sick of Insomnia
November 19, 2012 at 8:18 AM

I have been suffering from insomnia for the past two months. I've stopped taking naps and it seems to help a little bit but I'm tired of tossing and turning all night. My poor husband doesn't get very good sleep because i'm constantly nudging him because of his snoring that won't let me go back to bed. Any ideas of what I can safely do while being pregnant to help get a better nights sleep? Much appreciated!

Replies

• itsblissmas
    November 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM

Have you called your doctor? I had a suggestion until you mentioned you were pregnant. LOL! Congratulations and I hope you get some rest soon. =)

• Keatonzmom
    November 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM

bump

• twistandshout
    November 19, 2012 at 10:37 PM

Snoring is something I just can't take. Is there a spare bed room so you can get some desent sleep? Your dh needs to rest also. Just an idea.sleephave a good night

• Keatonzmom
    November 19, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Ya we do have a guest bed that he sleeps in once a week so we can catch up on sleep. I just feel so strange having to split beds like that. Maybe once we get a King bed it will be better.. Queen is just too small for us. 

Quoting twistandshout:

Snoring is something I just can't take. Is there a spare bed room so you can get some desent sleep? Your dh needs to rest also. Just an idea.sleephave a good night

• la_bella_vita
    November 21, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I'm sorry : ( I deal with insomnia. It's pretty miserable.

• mamalusbear
    November 21, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I'd buy a snoogle....they're pretty amazing.

• tiggerbabie177
    November 22, 2012 at 1:45 AM

That could be an issue too.....bad bed.....if its really lumpy or uncomfortable or even old u wont get a good nights sleep.....try to get some new pillows too when u get ur new bed.....

Or this could just be a practice for when u have ur baby....no sleep...lol

Quoting Keatonzmom:

Ya we do have a guest bed that he sleeps in once a week so we can catch up on sleep. I just feel so strange having to split beds like that. Maybe once we get a King bed it will be better.. Queen is just too small for us. 

Quoting twistandshout:

• Fyrestar68
    November 22, 2012 at 6:32 AM
    Have your husband go to a Dr for his snoring, it may be sleep apnea, if it is they can help him with that. As far as being pregnant with insomnia, it seems like that is par for the course as I am pregnant and have the same issue. I haven't been able to take naps because I have a 2 year old to look after and my DH is overseas, so I don't have that problem. And yet, still have insomnia. I've tried soaking in a warm bath just before bed, warm milk, and reading or watching TV at night to try and tire me out, but none of that works. If you do find something that helps please let me know.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts