Featured Posts
Cafe Amanda
I'll Take That Dare, Jobs Edition: Birthday Clowns Have it Harder Than You Think!
November 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Watching this video I a) have a new appreciation for kids' party entertainers and b) a better understanding of why they charge so much.

See Lindsay try her hand at face-painting, balloon animal-making and even a classic magic show! Notice my use of the word "try." ;)

Have you ever hired an entertainer for your child's party?

If you liked this video, subscribe to CafeMom Studios for more...
Powered by CafeMom Studios

Replies

• Hottmomma607
    November 16, 2012 at 11:22 AM
    No I haven't! I have a love/hate relationship with clowns! LOL
  • wishbearmom
    November 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM

I didn't realize people even hired birthday clowns (or entertainers of any kind) anymore. I would think it would be tough to make a living as a clown.

• Luvmybooskies
    November 17, 2012 at 1:07 PM

My husband's cousin's mom is a clown. She is so popular that you have to book her a year in advance!!! Years ago, (IDK when) she even performed at the White House. She can make the most amazing balloon animals and whatever else you want.

• jpalmer
    by jpalmer
    November 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    Me either...lol

Although i do have a cousin that went to clown college...

Quoting wishbearmom:

I didn't realize people even hired birthday clowns (or entertainers of any kind) anymore. I would think it would be tough to make a living as a clown.

• MissLydie
    November 17, 2012 at 1:11 PM

BUMP!

• SalemWitchChild
    November 17, 2012 at 3:21 PM

I think she did awesome. :) Though I think clowns are a bit scary and wouldn't have wanted one at my childhood bday party.

• kenleespice
    November 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM

no clowns creep me out

• Redwall
    by Redwall
    November 17, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I'm terrified of clowns and always have been.  When I was little, my mom would take us to the parades in town and without fail, a clown would come up an offer me candy.  I'd make a beeline behind my mom.  I just find them beyond creepy.  No, I've never hired anyone for my kids parties.

• la_bella_vita
    November 17, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    No we don't hire birthday entertainment. I can't imagine being a clown
  • azeventdiva
    November 17, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I have not hired a CLOWN, but I have hired in the past; Ponies, Face Painter, & Cinderella (Cinderella played games with the kids, did face painting as well & balloon animals). I will hire in the future as well. One of my friends does pony parties, so I have hired her a few times. And, I have found groupons & living socials for the other stuff.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN