Featured Posts
Anonymous
is this reasonable
by Anonymous
November 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I agreed to babysit 3 children ages 3,2,1
Monday and Tuesday wensday Friday and Saturday various times for $100 a week. The reason I didn't charge more is because not CPR certified and alot of people require that . Plus I don't work so I could use just that extra 100 a week . Does this sound ok or is it to much to little

Replies

• iHEAVENn
    November 14, 2012 at 12:31 AM

Sounds like someone is getting a heck of a deal!

• wonderwomen1
    November 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM
    It depends on the hours and if you are going to feed them and pick or drop off. You really should be CPR certified. It doesnt take that long you can google a place for your area.
  • reesesami
    November 14, 2012 at 12:32 AM
    $100 per week for 5 days/week babysitting? That's crazy! Are the parents bringing food for all those kids?
  • WheelerWife
    November 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM

I think your price is too low, even without CPR certification. 

You could call around to see what other daycares are charging and go from there. 

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 14, 2012 at 12:34 AM
    I'm going to there house I live about 10.mins away.

Quoting reesesami:

$100 per week for 5 days/week babysitting? That's crazy! Are the parents bringing food for all those kids?

• reesesami
    November 14, 2012 at 12:37 AM
    Is it just a few hours each day or whole days? That still seems crazy to me even if you don't need to clean up after them or buy food. Good luck!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm going to there house I live about 10.mins away.

Quoting reesesami:

• Dzyre1115
    November 14, 2012 at 2:01 AM

That's not a lot of money for a lot of work.....

• robyann
    by robyann
    November 14, 2012 at 8:39 AM

I assume you have at least one child of your own, so you know how much work that can be. I will also assume that you don't have multiple children, or you would not have agreed to watch 4 kids for $100 a week! That is way too cheap! It's good that your going to their house though, so they will have their own things and there will be food there to feed them. I sure hope this works out for you, but since your charging so little, I"m thinking you may not realize just what your getting into! GL

• robbinsroost
    November 14, 2012 at 8:44 AM
    I would have charged more. I watched one boy in my home 40 hours a week for $120 and that was a bargin because she was a friend. For 3 kids at their house I would have said at least $300 and that would still be super cheap.
  • atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    November 14, 2012 at 9:10 AM
    I paid $85 a week for one 21 years ago. You need to charge more, and weekends need to be extra too.
Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN