The Cafe

Featured Posts
Anonymous
is this reasonable
by Anonymous
November 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM
I agreed to babysit 3 children ages 3,2,1
Monday and Tuesday wensday Friday and Saturday various times for $100 a week. The reason I didn't charge more is because not CPR certified and alot of people require that . Plus I don't work so I could use just that extra 100 a week . Does this sound ok or is it to much to little

Replies

• momof3jam
    November 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM

How many hours/day?
    Is this all one family?
    How do you know the parent(s)?

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    November 14, 2012 at 3:22 PM
    Her hours very it could be three hours a day it could be 8.hours a day and I don't know them to well . My friend asked me to meet her so I did.

Quoting momof3jam:

How many hours/day?
    Is this all one family?

• momof3jam
    November 14, 2012 at 3:31 PM

Not charging enough then. At all. I'd at least double it. Be careful with the whole legal/tax side of it though... It's a tricky situation...

Quoting Anonymous:

Her hours very it could be three hours a day it could be 8.hours a day and I don't know them to well . My friend asked me to meet her so I did.

Quoting momof3jam:

How many hours/day?
    Is this all one family?

• mstropics
    November 14, 2012 at 3:55 PM

You gave them a great deal but know exactly whjat you're talking about....dont want to be greedy or over demanding so you just make it work for both of you but i'm sure at some point they may just complain about the amount or not....but God bless your soul for helping out like that, wether you're getti ng paid or not as three kids those ages are a handful for anyone person...keep the faith and be blessed!

• mommy2lexinmark
    November 14, 2012 at 3:56 PM
    Its ok...if its an hour a day!
  • sweetmissy_05
    November 14, 2012 at 4:01 PM

I think it's too low, personally.

• KeimUNCmomof3
    November 14, 2012 at 4:23 PM

$100/wk for 3 children is not much.  I would have said $100 each kid.

• KeimUNCmomof3
    November 14, 2012 at 4:24 PM

It's easy to get CPR certified.  You can take an 8 hour course on a Saturday and be certified.  Then, bump up your asking price!

• piesmama09
    November 14, 2012 at 4:37 PM

That's ridiculous, it should be at least twice that honey! I watched just one for a very close friend and charged $100 a week. In day care each child would cost upwards of $300 around here!

• mommi_2_four
    November 14, 2012 at 4:44 PM

I'm assuming at least 2 are in diapers...plus feeding them, cleaning up (any babysitter should clean up after the kids, at least the stuff they do while your there), $100 is way too low. And like someone else said, charge extra for weekends.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts