The Cafe

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Real life friends?
by Anonymous
November 9, 2012 at 10:25 PM

How many real life friends do you have? When was the last time you hung out with someone other than your spouse or family?

Replies

• Arisa
    by Arisa
    November 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    I have many real life friends, including some I met here on cafemom. I am a trained and certified domestic violence advocate as well as a survivor of domestic violence. It was in a group on cafemom that I met two of my closest friends about five and a half years ago. We have put in thousands of hours, volunteering to help other victims and out of doing what we are passionate about, amazing things will soon be happening in the "real world". While cafemom has changed a lot, I am thankful for the site that enabled me to connect with two women who are my adopted sisters... And in case anyone asks, even though we live across country from on another, we have met in real life and spent time together.

Cafe Arisa
  • Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 13, 2012 at 4:43 AM
    Lol, same here with the job application......... Not very healthy. Once I do make friends again, I will work harder to keep them.

Quoting hopefulmom789:

I live in the middle of  a senior citizen retirement community. The town closes down at 8pm. It has been a very lonely 6 years here. I hang out with my boy, age 7. I call old friends from home around the holidays...It didn't dawn on me that I had no friends, past mere acquaintance level, until I make out job applications and I'm asked to give 3 references of non-family people. :P

• jennymajchszak
    November 13, 2012 at 12:42 PM

I have none the only time people call or come over is when they need something :(

• jessicaeboyes
    November 13, 2012 at 12:45 PM
    Not many, lost friends when I got pregnant at 18. My husband is my best friend. I also moved away from home so in starting over in a new place. Had a really close friend and our kids and husbands got along great but they split so she moved away :(
  • jeannie39
    November 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Not many I'd call true friends. They are very hard to find. My true friends and I can go years without seeing each other and pick right up where we left off. My oldest DD, 24 is my best friend, now that she is an adult. She knows the true meaning of friendship, I guess cause I raised her that way.lol

We get together several times a week. Dinner, shopping or just hanging out. We talk everyday on the phone or at least send messages back and forth.

• Ultra_
    by Ultra_
    November 13, 2012 at 3:36 PM

Like 1000. No, seriously maybe like 50. I last hung out with some last Thursday, Friday and Saturday. It wasn't always that way though. 

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    November 14, 2012 at 12:12 AM
    None. The only people I hang out with is my df and kids 😔
  • DeeDee_28
    November 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM
    Same here :(

Quoting jennymajchszak:

I have none the only time people call or come over is when they need something :(

• Mama_Dolly
    November 14, 2012 at 12:15 AM

all my friends dont have time for me. or dont talk to me because I have a kid and a husband... 

my life consists of my son and I mostly. since dh is in his man cave, sleeping, or at work... sometimes we go to the store all together. but thats about it.

• mmtosam06
    November 14, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Social life not many only 3 friends here

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts