The Cafe

Featured Posts
Anonymous
Closed minded? Well, that's my opinion.
by Anonymous
October 13, 2012 at 4:10 AM

So, I made this comment in another post about something different, but I am in a mood to discuss it now that I have thought of it. Please read and tell me your thoughts?

Quote:

As I have said before, I have read many, many books. So, naturally, I have seen good and bad writing. I am used to pushing myself past the beginning of books sometimes, there were a lot that didn't capture me for the first few chapters. But the stories always turned out to be really good and worth it. I understand what you mean about this one too, i remember thinking 'really?' when i realized the author sucked at writing lol. But I actually just finished reading it, with bad writing and skipping the trashier sex scenes, and yet I can't wait to read the next one because the story is good.

Why is that so hard for people to understand? Would you also dismiss a low budget film in the same manner? If you do, well ok then. Your loss.

Replies

• GertieK
    by GertieK
    October 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM

I can't say that it means you are "closed minded".  Being able to make a judgement call about the quality of a product, and finding that it does not meet the criteria to be considered worth the time, energy, and money is not closed minded.  Simply accepting something done sub-standard because it has a decent story-line just doesn't seem smart.  Seems like anyone can insert trashy sex into stuff.  Doesn't seem like talent to me.  Just like comedy - nasty/trash isn't funny to me.  It takes real talent to be funny without filth.  When you can make everyone laugh, from young to old, and it issomething you can say in front of anyone, you have a real talent. 

• gypsy_rose
    October 15, 2012 at 1:40 PM

what one calls a good story others may think is horible. It is not close minded.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts