The Cafe

Featured Posts
norahsmommy
Fluffy ladies :)
October 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
Soo, do you wear dresses or skirts? Dh really wants me to wear dresses and skirts but I feel I am too big to look nice in them. I am a jean and t shirt or sweater chick. He says dresses are more flattering on me.
I am hour glass shaped and short with very thick legs. The legs are why I shy away from dresses. I'm short too ( 5'3).

I was thinking about ordering a sweater dress and wearing it with cable knot tights and some ankle boots. Do you think bigger ladies loos nice on dresses? If so, what kind?

Replies

• norahsmommy
    October 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM

Hmm here is one where you can kind of see my body. :)
  • Punkie74
    October 13, 2012 at 12:16 AM
    ... and you're totally cute by the way!!

Quoting norahsmommy:

And here is another, slightly nicer one from the same night :)
  • norahsmommy
    October 13, 2012 at 12:26 AM
    Thanks :). I Am trying to embrace my features and be confident but it's hard. I'm a self concious person. I'm working on my self image so it's easier for me to get fit and loose weight. I've got about 50 lbs to get to my goal weight.

Quoting Punkie74:

Quoting norahsmommy:

• Punkie74
    October 13, 2012 at 12:30 AM
    Ugh tell me about it!! I gained 25 in the last year and a half!! (Really how do you gain weight training for a half marathon??) I know what you mean though... I hate shopping for clothes these days... It takes 30 pieces to find one that makes me look halfway decent!!

Quoting norahsmommy:

Thanks :). I Am trying to embrace my features and be confident but it's hard. I'm a self concious person. I'm working on my self image so it's easier for me to get fit and loose weight. I've got about 50 lbs to get to my goal weight.

Quoting Punkie74:

Quoting norahsmommy:

• norahsmommy
    October 13, 2012 at 12:36 AM
    I gain every time I start working out hard. It's very frustrating! I track my calories, carbs, fat with the spark people app on my phone. I've found of I eat more than 100 grams of carbs a day I gain or at least won't loose. I've gone virtually paleo ( I still eat dairy) in order to loose.

Quoting Punkie74:

Ugh tell me about it!! I gained 25 in the last year and a half!! (Really how do you gain weight training for a half marathon??) I know what you mean though... I hate shopping for clothes these days... It takes 30 pieces to find one that makes me look halfway decent!!

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting Punkie74:

Quoting norahsmommy:

• Punkie74
    October 13, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    Work out = gain muscle!! Remember that too!! I know my problem though... I'm a pig!! LOL

Quoting norahsmommy:

I gain every time I start working out hard. It's very frustrating! I track my calories, carbs, fat with the spark people app on my phone. I've found of I eat more than 100 grams of carbs a day I gain or at least won't loose. I've gone virtually paleo ( I still eat dairy) in order to loose.

Quoting Punkie74:

Quoting norahsmommy:

Quoting Punkie74:

Quoting norahsmommy:

• knoxmomof2
    October 23, 2012 at 4:18 AM

I'm less "fluffy" than I used to be, but still not at ideal weight, but I've never been comfy in dresses/ skirts. I don't like my legs, even when I was ideal weight. I do have some dresses and skirts for church, dates, etc.. but they're more flattering. One skirt I have has body shaping shorts underneath the skirt :) Biggest benefit of that is that if the wind catches it, you're not showing your butt to everyone! 

• alyssaT325
    October 24, 2012 at 4:17 AM
    (Are you the one that dressed up for some event and your DH's friend complimented you and you questioned it, thinking your DH told him to say something?)
  • alyssaT325
    October 26, 2012 at 5:35 AM

well you are not too short buddy!! 5.3 is average height!! You will look good in every kind of dress according to me

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts