Featured Posts
Anonymous
For those who circumcised their baby...
by Anonymous
October 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM

How many of you actually researched everything about it before making your choice and if you did research what was your reason for doing it after finding out it was not medically needed.

I am writing an article for the local birth network here and so far of moms I have interviewed who circ'd many of them did it still believing old claims that have been proven wrong so Id like to find some that actually did full research on it and ended up choosing to do it still.

Please feel free to share links to studys that helped you make your choice as I would like to include the top used resources in my article.

Those with intact babies please feel free to comment as well on how much you did or did not research.

Replies

• knoxmomof2
    October 23, 2012 at 2:28 AM

I don't know how much this will help your research, but we chose circumcision (as with a lot of the childbirth/ baby rearing choices we made at 22 and 27) because "it's just what you do". Our two are 8 and 9 now and we are considering having another in a year... and we have a totally different outlook on things the "second time around".

• Anonymous 22
    by Anonymous 22
    October 23, 2012 at 2:36 AM

I am fully aware of the truths about circ., but we did it to both of our sons for religious reasons.

I would like somebody to do a study and find out how many anti-circ. people have gotten their daughters ears pierced as a baby. I know they are vastly different, but they are both body modification, and if a boy should choose to have a circ., shouldn't girls also be able to choose if they want holes in their ears?

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN