The Cafe

Featured Posts
Autumn355
Conventional or natural?? (edit)
October 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it.

CONVENTIONAL (previously 'traditional')= typically uses formula (possibly breast fed). Uses disposible diapers, vaccinates, uses stroller/babyswing/bouncers, baby sleeps in own room, circumsizes(if boys), uses many commercial products(laundry soap/tampons/hand sanitizer, ect), traditional hospital birth with meds, ect...

Natural=breastfeed/pump/donor milk, cloth diaper, wear baby, no/delay vaccines, no circ(if boys), more holistic health care, more homeade(mama cloth/laundry detergent/essential oils, ect), home birth/birthing center/no meds, homeschool, co sleep/bedshare, ect

just go with which ever catagory you MOSTLY fit. I know some might have alittle of both.

Replies

• kelliewhitney
    October 11, 2012 at 2:29 AM

In between...extended breastfeeding until 3 to 4 yrs old even if I'm pg, used to cloth diaper until they nice ones finaly gave out after three kids, wore my babies all the time, usually in a wrap or sling I sewed myself (back when I only had one infant I had the time and space to sew!) used a stroller only if walking the older kids to school (about a mile), homeschooled for 5 years, make laundry detergent, use mama cloth, no meds for childbirth, cosleep.

But....yes on circ and vaxing, we eat a mix of homemade and processed foods, kids love McDonalds, I work PT and the 3-year-old goes to preschool 9 hours a week so I can nap in the morning (I often work until VERY late).

I guess I'm pretty natural until they are about 3, then we get more "traditional." I never did the natural parenting thing as a lifestyle, it's just what works best for us for many resons. Primarially becase it is easier, less expensive, and better for the environment.

• BShip2010
    October 11, 2012 at 2:29 AM
    Traditional.
  • mommy_jessika
    October 11, 2012 at 2:32 AM
    the first one (:
    except i didnt circ my son and i do make alot of his foods from organic fruits and veggis etc .
  • vig5179
    by vig5179
    October 11, 2012 at 2:32 AM

Traditional

• thatgirl70
    October 11, 2012 at 2:33 AM

More traditional though we do homeschool and we co-sleep.

• ChelleBoo23
    October 11, 2012 at 2:34 AM
    Traditional
  • BluePandaDreams
    October 11, 2012 at 2:52 AM
    Traditional.
  • cjsix
    by cjsix
    October 11, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Natural with a bit of tradtional thrown in...

• Anonymous
    by Anonymous
    October 11, 2012 at 3:33 AM

Traditional 

• LyTe684
    by LyTe684
    October 11, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    Traditional

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups