Featured Posts
Autumn355
Conventional or natural?? (edit)
October 11, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Parenting styles which one are you and why did you choose it.

CONVENTIONAL (previously 'traditional')= typically uses formula (possibly breast fed). Uses disposible diapers, vaccinates, uses stroller/babyswing/bouncers, baby sleeps in own room, circumsizes(if boys), uses many commercial products(laundry soap/tampons/hand sanitizer, ect), traditional hospital birth with meds, ect...

Natural=breastfeed/pump/donor milk, cloth diaper, wear baby, no/delay vaccines, no circ(if boys), more holistic health care, more homeade(mama cloth/laundry detergent/essential oils, ect), home birth/birthing center/no meds, homeschool, co sleep/bedshare, ect

just go with which ever catagory you MOSTLY fit. I know some might have alittle of both.

Replies

• Autumn355
    October 11, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    So to parents who are traditional, do you research and then srill decide to stay traditional? Or do you tend not to research?
  • Barabell
    October 11, 2012 at 11:44 AM

More traditional.

• Barabell
    October 11, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quoting Autumn355:

So to parents who are traditional, do you research and then srill decide to stay traditional? Or do you tend not to research?

I will still research most things.

• danie24
    by danie24
    October 11, 2012 at 12:09 PM
    Natural with a splash of traditional

We co-sleep at night and crib sleep during the day, use disposable (chemical free hemp) and cloth diapers, breastfeed, late introduction to solids, baby massage/skin-to-skin, baby wear, no vaccines, no circ, no CIO, drug free birth (in hospital, delayed cord cut, no eye gunk or shots, no baths, skin-to-skin, etc), home made foods, organic foods, ERF, natural chemical free cleaning products, natural soaps and shampoos, etc.
  • nodramamama311
    October 11, 2012 at 12:14 PM
    Pretty traditional.
  • boys2men2soon
    October 11, 2012 at 2:41 PM

Traditional.   

• kitty8199
    October 11, 2012 at 4:01 PM
    Natural
  • kitty8199
    October 11, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    Yep. I go against the grain, lol

Quoting Aslen:

Ap mama here. I make it a point to buck mainstream ideas and I follow.my instincts
  • kitty8199
    October 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    Pretty spot on for me too

Quoting danie24:

Natural with a splash of traditional

We co-sleep at night and crib sleep during the day, use disposable (chemical free hemp) and cloth diapers, breastfeed, late introduction to solids, baby massage/skin-to-skin, baby wear, no vaccines, no circ, no CIO, drug free birth (in hospital, delayed cord cut, no eye gunk or shots, no baths, skin-to-skin, etc), home made foods, organic foods, ERF, natural chemical free cleaning products, natural soaps and shampoos, etc.
  • RADmomma
    October 11, 2012 at 7:24 PM

defintely natural

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN