Featured Posts
steveiguana
Cut off from foodstamps --- solution is to go rob a bank.....
October 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM

what happened to get a job?

Dressed up like a woman, a bank robber couldn’t fool Ceres police. Now, he’s telling CBS13 his side of the story.

Leonard Brown Jr. thought his disguise would work, and he came up with the idea all on his own, believing it was so creative he wouldn’t get caught.

“A lot of people think I did it for drugs, but it wasn’t,” said Brown.

Brown definitely caught everyone’s attention when he wore a black wig, mini skirt, complete with black stretchy pants, and a purple purse to rob a Bank of America in Ceres.

He laughed at his nickname as the “Stretchy Pants Bandit.”

“It’s kind of funny seeing me as a woman,” said Brown.

So why did he dress up as a woman?

“Cause I thought, because the police know me, I thought it would be best to come up different,” said Brown.

He believed the police wouldn’t know who he was dressed as a woman.

Brown says he walked into the bank and told the teller to give him the money, and says he got away with $5,000.

“I did it just because of getting cut off food stamps, struggling,” said Brown.

So he used the money for food and claims the rest went to good use.

“I mostly gave back to, like, poorer people,” said Brown. “I just went around giving money away.”

It was money he robbed from a bank, dressed in drag. Now he’s facing some serious charges and some serious time behind bars. So, he has one last thing to say.

“Sorry mom for what I did, but I had no other choice. I was left on the streets, just got cut off food stamps, and that was the only choice I had left,” said Brown.

Brown says he’s never robbed a bank before and he never will again. He says he wants to make a fresh start after he serves his time.

He has had problems with the law in the past, but says this is the most serious crime he’s ever committed.

Replies

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    October 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM
    Yep, exactly. Very lazy. My brother works 2 jobs, 70 hours a week and doesn't really have to. He worked 3 before. People don't want to move to find jobs or work crappy ones. Easier to get food stamps or draw unemployment that keeps getting extended. Cut them off so they will find work or move.

Quoting GertieK:

This what we have come to now - people have been led to believe that they are entitled to assistance in bad situations, and have stopped learning how to think creatively.  If he was cut off from food stamps, there is much more to this story.  Where I live there are places like fast food joints and gas stations BEGGING for people to work.  One of our local "Kwik Shops" can't keep people.  They don't like the hours, they don't like being on their feet all day, and on and on.  The few people that work there say he is great to work for, goes out of his way to accomodate you, and you pratically have to steal from him to get fired.  Now days so many really have no limits, and think that any suffering at all is someone else's responsibility to take care of.

• GertieK
    by GertieK
    October 8, 2012 at 10:23 AM

May be cliche', but necessity is the mother of invention  People have to be allowed to become uncomfortable before they try to extricate themselves out of a situaion.  Just like a kid gone bad that keeps being rescued by their parents.  As long as they never even try to fix their own problems, they never do  Life isn'tmeant to be a cake walk.  It is a struggle for most...some a really hard struggle and some not so much.  Some are born with a multitude of advantages and blow it, while some make up for the disadvantages with hard work and sweat.  People have confused equal justice with social justice. 

• ProudMomof5Boys
    October 8, 2012 at 10:31 AM

he'll get free food in jail smh

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN