Featured Posts
Western_belle86
eating problems with my daughter
October 4, 2012 at 10:25 PM

For the last few weeks everytime I make my daughter (7yrs) something to eat she tells me she cant eat anymore after just a few bites, and tells me it hurts her tummy to eat she goes so far to "pretend she is going to throw up" 

Like tonight she was outside playing I told her its time to come in and eat. she eats the roll and then when I tell her she needs to eat the soup in order to have dessert she then cries and says she cant her tummy hurts. (but she still wants the ice cream) I dont know if she is faking because she doesnt want to eat or if her tummy really hurts I just find it odd that she ate fine last night when we went to Mc Donalds, but tonight she doesnt want to eat the soup (that she has eaten before and loved it.) 

Replies

• Heatherp23
    October 4, 2012 at 10:36 PM
    My step son does the same thing! Almost always he is faking b/c he just wants dessert. I make a deal with him to eat half of dinner with he wants dessert. If he doesn't go through with the deal then he doesn't get dessert
  • Western_belle86
    October 4, 2012 at 11:05 PM

That's what I normally do but lately she is still doing it.

Quoting Heatherp23:

My step son does the same thing! Almost always he is faking b/c he just wants dessert. I make a deal with him to eat half of dinner with he wants dessert. If he doesn't go through with the deal then he doesn't get dessert

• Heatherp23
    October 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM
    When my son did does that we send him to bed without dinner. If he goes straight to bed without fighting it then we know he really doesn't feel good. But the majority of the time he will finish his food cus he really felt fine and ddnt want to get sent to bed
  • Texascandee
    October 5, 2012 at 8:34 AM

We have that problem with our grandson.  He will say he's starving but when dinner is ready he will eat a few bites and say he's full but 30 minutes later he says he's hungry again.  We don't know if he's really hungry since he didn't eat much or if he really is.........I don't force him to eat and when he says he's not hungry then I just tell him to let me know when he is

• kitty8199
    October 5, 2012 at 9:13 AM
    Is it certain types of foods or any food?
  • SunnyJoJo
    October 5, 2012 at 10:57 AM

We have a whole different problem with my daughter not eating and she's younger, but some things we found helpful can still apply here. I serve her smaller amounts then I normally think she can eat (that way she can eat it all), I tell her she needs to at least try everything on her plate, and majorly limit the amount of liquid she has before and during dinner, Alot of kids will fill up on milk or juice and literally aren't hungry.

I'd also try to talk with her, maybe she's having body issues (7 is not too young anymore on that front), or problems at school... Our psychologist told us alot of kids act out food wise because it's one of the only things in their lives that they have total control over.  Eating or not eating that is.

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN