The Cafe

Featured Posts
nodramamama311
Smoking?, at your kids soccer practice, REALLY?
September 20, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Ya know it's bad enough that 90% of the kids around who should be in carseats, aren't. It's bad enough that so many parents around here smoke in the car with their kids but can they at least not smoke during soccer practice around my child and the other children? It's your life, smoke 20 packs a day if you want but don't make me and my kids smoke too. People can be so frigin rude and stupid. You can't wait a frigin hour to have a cigarette?

Replies

• lizmartinez
    September 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    I agree. I smoked (never while pregnant) but couldn't figure out why it's hard to wait to not smoke around other people and especially children (never smoke around my son).
  • Punkie74
    September 20, 2012 at 1:09 PM

I was dropping my son off for speech and smelled smoke I looked at the car next to me and saw was I'm guessing was the grandmother sucking down a cigarette with a little girl my son's age in the car only the driver's side window was cracked about an inch. All I could think was that poor little girl. If the old woman wants to kill herself that's her business but to do that to a kid?? Pisses me off big time!!

• EireLass
    September 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Isn't soccer practice outside? Get over it. Do you not allow your kids to walk on the sidewalk next to streets because of toxic fumes from cars going by?

• BL2010
    by BL2010
    September 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM

Is this indoors or outside? If it's outside then why can't they smoke. Maybe you could move someplace else.

• nodramamama311
    September 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM

So just because the air outside is already toxic I should just get over it and let even more toxins into mine and my childs body? OK, that makes sense. Sorry, i dont work that way.

What should happen instead of me getting over it is that smokers should be fucking respectful of people who DONT WANT TO SMOKE!

Quoting EireLass:

Isn't soccer practice outside? Get over it. Do you not allow your kids to walk on the sidewalk next to streets because of toxic fumes from cars going by?

• Courtney610
    September 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM
    Gross. Luckily all of our parks and schools with fields ban smoking.
  • nodramamama311
    September 20, 2012 at 4:04 PM

So I have to move all the way down field to where I cant see my son very well because people want to smoke at a CHILDS SOCCER PRACTICE? FUCK THAT! That shit aint right! They can wait a frigin hour to light up for christs sake!

SORRY, not yelling at you personally. The thought of me having to move for what they are doing at a childs event just really pisses me off!

Quoting BL2010:

Is this indoors or outside? If it's outside then why can't they smoke. Maybe you could move someplace else.

• atlmom2
    by atlmom2
    September 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM

They should go smoke in their car OR have respect to go WAY away from others.  I agree, geez people wait an hour and have one on the way home in your car and choke your kid in the backseat.  You are free to do that.  Do not smoke sitting near people at a kids game.  Go far away where no parents and kids are also if you want to.  I agree it is very rude.  When my MIL quit smoking she she she never knew how offensive smoke was.  She HATES smoke now.  Smokers have no idea how rude it is. 

• EireLass
    September 20, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I've never smoked, nor do my kids. None of us have ever allowed smoking in our homes or cars (my kids are adults). But if it's legal to be smoking wherever, then that's how it is. About the air outside....I was referring to the proximity to exhaust that your kids are. Pretty close. Do you also not cook with teflon coated pans? Do you make sure to never burn wax/parafin candles in your home? I mean if you're going to complain about it, for your lungs sake....then take care of everything that's harming them.

Perhaps you should start a petition in town to make smoking illegal in that park.

And really....do people who use the F word in conversation really deserve alot of respect for their 'lifestyle'?

Quoting nodramamama311:

So just because the air outside is already toxic I should just get over it and let even more toxins into mine and my childs body? OK, that makes sense. Sorry, i dont work that way.

What should happen instead of me getting over it is that smokers should be fucking respectful of people who DONT WANT TO SMOKE!

Quoting EireLass:

• connie45
    September 20, 2012 at 8:22 PM
    Take a lttle battery powered fan and blow it back at them. Really more to make a point.

The Cafe

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts